Sign in to follow this  
4000psi

Do you Accept Credit Card?

I have been asked by acouple customers if I accept credit card. I don't but do you? Also, the military only pays with the Card so if I want to get any work of base I need to accept it. What input do you have?

Thanks, Dane

Dane,

We have had MC & Visa for about 5 years. Expensive and not too many use it. However it is one more item which sets your company apart from the others. If you are able to get work by having it, I'd look into it. Thank You.

no thank you. I don't get or lose work yet by not accepting it but I would like to look into it and see who all uses it. Then I get some idea what I need to be looking at. Thanks,

Dane

Dane, we have found in our area of NC, it's not worth the hassle or fees to be able to accept credit cards in any way other than PayPal. I can say that we have had ONE phone call in nearly 5 years who hung up on us because we couldn't swipe a card. Anyone else who wanted to use their card (again - very low percentage of customers) had no problem using PayPal. Although the interest rate that PP charges might be slightly higher than a credit card company, the no monthly charges/no minimums makes up for it and then some.

Celeste

Paypal for me

They can pay online through our website and it links the customer right to our customized paypal checkout page

I use it as a selling point. Paypal takes american express so people love to get their points or whatnot on a large purchase such as a deck restoration

We just started using paypal this year. It is nice not having any monthly fees. I only lost one job because I could not accept credit cards, so I'm willing to pay the small transaction fee.

I use Heartland and pay about $25/mo plus 2 point something %. No machine, no leases - and I usually get 2 or 3 charges each month.

As for whether you lose any jobs because you don't accept mc/visa, I can't say, but I can say that having the MC/Visa logo on my truck and in my phone book ads have brought me work. I have also had a few Navy jobs that had to pay with a card.

We process all 4 major cc's through Quickbooks (Interactive merchants I think). We do a good number of credit card transactions and deposits actually. Everythings going to plastic and it's only going to go more that way although we still get 75% or so paying by check.

Anybody hear of this outfit? Small Business Merchant Account - Accept Credit Cards by Phone

The current rate is 3.95% per transaction, a bit high but, no contracts, no monthly minimums, and the monthly fee is only $5. Best of all no equipment to purchase / lease, just dial up on your phone for approval. I'm takin a look see.

Anybody hear of this outfit? Small Business Merchant Account - Accept Credit Cards by Phone

The current rate is 3.95% per transaction, a bit high but, no contracts, no monthly minimums, and the monthly fee is only $5. Best of all no equipment to purchase / lease, just dial up on your phone for approval. I'm taking a look see.

That's basically what I have with Heartland. No minimum, no lease and I call in each sale on my cell phone. $5/mo sounds great, but almost 4% of every sale sounds really steep.

Paypal for me

They can pay online through our website and it links the customer right to our customized paypal checkout page

I use it as a selling point. Paypal takes american express so people love to get their points or whatnot on a large purchase such as a deck restoration

That's a great idea chaz. I just ditched my ccard processor ( i thought they were a little pricey, but not as bad as some ). I was always wondering in the back of my mind if I could use paypal. Thanks for the idea.

We accept them through Paypal as well using the email invoicing. I like that fact that I never have to ask the customer for their credit card info - hence no liability for it!

Pm sent to ya