Sign in to follow this  
mobilemike

Insurance without a huge down payment

This is the third year i have been in business and each spring, i have to fork over almost 700.00 as a down payment to get my insurance started. Is this the norm. I have not had any claims. On top of that I pay 140.00 per month for 1 million liability ( this doesn't cover any theft to my equipment or insurance on my rig ).

Is this normal? Does anyone out there have any referrals for insurance?

Thanks, Mike

This is the third year i have been in business and each spring, i have to fork over almost 700.00 as a down payment to get my insurance started. Is this the norm. I have not had any claims. On top of that I pay 140.00 per month for 1 million liability ( this doesn't cover any theft to my equipment or insurance on my rig ).

Is this normal? Does anyone out there have any referrals for insurance?

Thanks, Mike

Yikes! I pay about $700 per YEAR! for 1M/2M. I have a local agent and am insured by American Granger.

Yea some you back east folk get some good deals as they only cover certain states. Out here we generally get stuck into lincoln general junk and even though yer getting same product there can be hundreds and hundreds of dollars difference between agents or brokers. I suggest Joe Walters as for one the down is abit easier and you will have 'line 6' comprehensive coverage that no one else can come close to touching. This means that what your actualy working on is covered at some level.

thanks for the leads guys. i called ron and am going to talk to his referral, and they just opened up an American Family Insurance here in town, but i wasn't aware they handled business insurance. I'm beginning to wonder now if the reason my rates are so high is based on where i live....guess i'll find out. Just tired of handing over that lump sum payment every year.

I appreciate all the help on the insurance topic. I ended up going with Joe Walters insurance agency. They were helpful and I am paying half of what I paid last year. I was shocked! This forum has already save me hundreds of dollars. :lgmoneyey Thanks again for the help!