Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Would you try a new oil based wood sealer?

Would you try a new oil based product this season?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you try a new oil based product this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would get some to put on wood to watch it weather
    • I would wait and see

Question

If there was a new oil based wood sealer on the market today, would you try it? It seems like many people are frustrated over longevity, availability in some cases, consistency in some cases, and some are just looking for a solution that better suits their client's needs. If a new product was released, would you try it this season?

Beth

5 answers to this question

Of course we would try it. We have been fortunate enough to test many products. If it is new on the market, it had to be tested somewhere. You could always tell the customer it is a new product and if it fails you'd re do it. Thats service. Thank You.

We try at least one new product per year, scott THEPROSEALERSTORE, has a wide selection and we have two "test dummy decks" where the customer is ok as long as I am. Still keep going back to our all time favorite TWP. Will try the woodrich this year and see how it goes, we also stop by these decks at 6 months, and a year to see how well they have performed. Dont want to just change over without the research of our own. Still waiting for the next best sealer, expecially with the 101/voc deal approaching soon.

I have used a few in the past and liked Flood the best, but in Florida it does not seem to be on the forefront of everyones mind. People see the gray and fall in love with the ambiance lol. Actually I am making a Northern move and am looking forward to using the new stain Ken Fenner is putting out through his www.restore-a-deck.com company. It seems like a dream to work with and cut down on wait time between cleaning/stripping/brightening/staining same day turn around.

I have hooked up with a few deck companies up there, so it may be my new niche.

Jimmy