Sign in to follow this  
bosully76

truck ramp

Question

Hi everyone,

I am new to the business as of last week. I plan on doing deck restoration and low pressure house washing. For most of the winter I have been reading a lot of the info on this site and I have learned a lot.

I ordered a 13hp 4GPM 4000psi pressure washer and I should receive it next week. I am looking for advice on some methods to get it in and out of my pickup truck. I plan on getting some kind of ramp but I would appreciate some input.

Thanks,

Brian O'Sullivan

O'Sullivan Pressure Washing

Pearl River, New York

845-735-2086

8 answers to this question

To get it in and out install an electric trailer winch in the back of the truck bed. You can hook the cable to the machine and use the the winch to pull the unit up a ramp. To get it off the truck loosen the winch cable slightly and let the unit roll down the ramp.

Brian,

(2) 2"x8" boards by 8 or 10 ft. long with metal ramp ends will work. These can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes.

The only downside is that the boards may be longer than the bed of your pickup.

What Scott and Thad says....

..if yer well built and have good back.

To stay on truck you need long enough hosing to reach around back. Are you going to use a chem tank, fivers, or what to apply chems? The more robust you go the more you will want to leave everything on truck.