Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

teak furniture

Question

7 answers to this question

this table was made of rough hewn Balinese Teak and had an unknown sealer on it.

It had to be stripped with paint stripper, sanded to remove really rough spots and furrs and then WTW applied. I did several coats, rubbed in each coat to give it the shiny appearance. the last pic was just at a different light level and its not really that dark. The second pic is best

post-4622-137772200187_thumb.jpg

post-4622-137772200193_thumb.jpg

post-4622-13777220021_thumb.jpg

personal home. on several acres on a lake. Next door to that Ipe dock I did last year. Its funny when you talk to "the richest 1 percent" how decent, down to earth they are and most are self made.

But we should make them pay their fair share, doggonnit!

Nice old world look ya got there Jon..good going!!

ps- can ya share anything of rubbing methods, grits or sanders used?

no!

Just kidding. I used the osborne brush to sand and som 60 grit paper for minor spots.

1st coat was brushed on the wiped completely dry. She wasnt happy with the way it looked pluss there were some spots completly bare, (I think her husband sanded a couple spots 'cause my pics after I was done the first coat showed no missed spots.) Any way I did 3 more coats several days later. An hour or two between coats and just wiped it in with a rag, just like wiping a stain on interior furniture.