Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

Two Men And A Truck

Question

Florida is full of low ballers that is killing our price standards

Just the other day my mom gets a crap print out for some hillbilly pressure cleaning...And in the ad is say 1500 s/f home $75.00

So I called and ask the guy if i was reading the ad right he say yes 75 bucks

so then I ask him about lic/ins....He says oh I have a lic.

Then I ask him about if he was to take paint off my home He says ahahahaha

well that would not be my fault..Than he says why do i need ins to run a biz...

W.T.F....I think we need to band together and get this type of hacks out

Two Men In a Truck...

26 answers to this question

I know a guy just like that - he got put away for 5 years. He broke into and robbed over 40 homes before he was caught. People like that are criminals - if you want to remove them as your competition. Then make sure at town meetings they don't hack the police budget - as long as there are detectives, these guys will eventually be caught.

There everywhere here too. Every year more of them pop up, then they are gone the next. I was talking to a lawn service guy and he swore up and down that his insurance covered power washing because he was an LLC. I'm not sure how that works, but his insurance only cost him $250/year. He better hope he doesn't damage anything with his pw'er because I don't think the lawnmower insurance covers it.

I got beat out by a "$99 special" house wash myself the other day. It was a lawn company, and the house was also nearly 3,000 sqft. It was the first time that I've actully heard a customer refer to a competitors $99 house wash special.

I'm getting to where I hate these hack lawn services. I find that most of the lowball bids I here of come from lawn companies. Most are so used to having to hack there way into the lawn business that they use the same approach while devaluing our trade with minimum wage bids, and without proper insurance to boot. I hate lawn hacks, and don't get me started on painters.

I know a guy just like that - he got put away for 5 years. He broke into and robbed over 40 homes before he was caught. People like that are criminals - if you want to remove them as your competition. Then make sure at town meetings they don't hack the police budget - as long as there are detectives, these guys will eventually be caught.

he would have seen 40 cal all up in his lips but thats just my home

How Is Biz Up In Jax

A bit slow for this time of year. I've had a lot of weird calls/requests lately. Must be somthing in the water around here.

I know why its so slow cause "Two Men In A Truck"...

Hey thats kind of catchy ..When you are out count how many you see like that..I see around 4 a day....I have been on this kick for about a week now

Im not trying to change the subject, but the topic mis-lead me, lol. We have a company around here called "Two men and a truck". Their a moving company though ;)

But back on topic, sometimes I see those wooden signs that only have "pressure washing (xxx) xxx-xxxx" I'd love to just rip it down when I see one, but one day ima have to just call the number and see whats up, matter of fact, I might ask for an estimate and watch that fool. lol.

Im not trying to change the subject, but the topic mis-lead me, lol. We have a company around here called "Two men and a truck". Their a moving company though ;)

But back on topic, sometimes I see those wooden signs that only have "pressure washing (xxx) xxx-xxxx" I'd love to just rip it down when I see one, but one day ima have to just call the number and see whats up, matter of fact, I might ask for an estimate and watch that fool. lol.

Funny you posted that becuase I was just about to post the same thing. There's a moving company here also called "Two men and a truck". I always thought it was just a small local company, but maybe not. The truck (or trucks) that I see are just plan white with just "two men and a truck" moving company or somthing in black lettering.

Funny you posted that becuase I was just about to post the same thing. There's a moving company here also called "Two men and a truck". I always thought it was just a small local company, but maybe not. The truck (or trucks) that I see are just plan white with just "two men and a truck" moving company or somthing in black lettering.

yeah same here! plain white truck with black lettering and something else, havent seen them in a couple weeks.

Crazy, I thought they were a small local company too, lol.

When I moved to my new house I had Two Men & A Truck come and move me. I had my office/extra room at the old house. I brought the guys in and said just the desk and nothing else in the office. So I was sitting out side for about a half hour while they were moving stuff. I walked in the office and the guy had the closet door open and I had a 5 gallon water jug with a hole cut in it with tons of change and a few hundred in dollar bills and I had the jug covered with a jacket. The Mutha #@%^$ had the jacket off it and his hand all the way in pulling a wad of $ones up. I almost didn't even realize what he was doing at first then I went off. I grabbed him told him to get out of my house i went to the other movers told them to keep there hands off everything. I was flipping the guy started giving me some BS about wanting to count the money and put it out in the kitchen so theres no problems YA RIGHT, it was in a closed closet. I went off again and just told him I would kick his ass if he didn't get off my property. I called the main office in town they sent another crew and the owner came and said its hard to believe, because this guy is the highest paid foreman for him. I said I know a thief and this guys was thieving. I was pissed they gave me half price etc and they called again to ask questions and apologize, the I see the thief several times over the following 6 months and he's still driving and working for Two Men In A Truck, fricking thief, still gets me mad.

Needless to say I don't recommend them

When I moved to my new house I had Two Men & A Truck come and move me. I had my office/extra room at the old house. I brought the guys in and said just the desk and nothing else in the office. So I was sitting out side for about a half hour while they were moving stuff. I walked in the office and the guy had the closet door open and I had a 5 gallon water jug with a hole cut in it with tons of change and a few hundred in dollar bills and I had the jug covered with a jacket. The Mutha #@%^$ had the jacket off it and his hand all the way in pulling a wad of $ones up. I almost didn't even realize what he was doing at first then I went off. I grabbed him told him to get out of my house i went to the other movers told them to keep there hands off everything. I was flipping the guy started giving me some BS about wanting to count the money and put it out in the kitchen so theres no problems YA RIGHT, it was in a closed closet. I went off again and just told him I would kick his ass if he didn't get off my property. I called the main office in town they sent another crew and the owner came and said its hard to believe, because this guy is the highest paid foreman for him. I said I know a thief and this guys was thieving. I was pissed they gave me half price etc and they called again to ask questions and apologize, the I see the thief several times over the following 6 months and he's still driving and working for Two Men In A Truck, fricking thief, still gets me mad.

Needless to say I don't recommend them

"two thieves and a truck":bullistic

There is someone here that does the same thing. It ticks me off when I see the signs. They disappeared for awhile and I think the county cracked down on people doing that and where they were posted. They are showing up again but in less conspicuous places.

You have to wonder about people who would call a company that advertises that way. They must get calls though because the signs are out every year.

The kicker is when you call them and they answer the phone with "hello" instead of "Clay County Pressure Cleaning, Lance Speaking", or something similar. Either commit and do it right or go away.