Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

Correct Deckster Set-Up Procedure @ Jobsite?

Question

Ive been using the deckster for a year now and love it. Question. It seems Im always going through a bunch of arbitrary "fire-it-up" procedures, i.e. connect hoses,spray gun, connect battery terminals, drop the 2 hoses in the 5'er, prime the black squeeze bulb, and turn it on. Trouble is, I do alot of suspended deck where I like to drop down the hose fro above, connect below, and back up to spray the deck. I seem to run into trouble when I forst begin spraying with not getting any pull from the pump. Should I ALWAYS be squeezing that black bulb (from below @ deckster, PITA) OR is there some sort of regular sort of start up procedure that will work all the time? If I wait long enough will the pump build up pressure on its own without all the trigger pulling and primer bulb squeezing? DOes this make any sense? Its late and I have a head full of RS!

Maybe someone could post a step by step on the proper deckster "set-up" routine? That would be great. I can always get the thing working but not after a lot of futzin' around...

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

1. check your filter. make sure there is no debris.

2. when the switch is vertical, that's bypass. squeeze the bulb a couple, may be 3 or 4 times depending...

3. THEN pull the switch down to the horizontal position.

That should do it. From time to time check your hoses and stuff to make sure there is no build up or debris in them.

Beth :cup: :groovy3:

If you haven't changed the original configuration, then I would recommend checking the valves inside the primer bulb. Sometimes, these stick and will not allow the pump to prime correctly. If it is getting old and hard to squeeze, replacement would be the best recommendation.

Rod!~