Sign in to follow this  
Gary Day

Siphon blowing instead of sucking?

Ok guys what about this one. I placed the siphon hose in my soap bucket and started to work. The stupid soap bucket started to overflow. I pulled out the hose and water was coming out of it filling the soap bucket. What causes this? I know it is a stupid question and the solution is probably that my hat is on backwards but any help here would be nice.

p.s.

I know I know about the signature thing. I've tried for 30 minutes to get a pic to upload and it says unable to save every time. Maybe I'll get on my brothers pc with high speed and it may work there.

check to make sure your injector is installed the correct way. There is normally an arrow showing direction of water flow stamped on the unit.

There is a check ball and o ring seat inside the barb the chemical tube connects to. If the ball is damaged or the oring is missing it will not seal when under pressure and you will fill the bucket with water.

We carry a repair kit for the injectors which consists of a ceramic ball spring and viton oring which fits most injectors. 5000RK

Yes.. Its the o ring problem. Thank you very much. I'll look at the unit as soon as I get home and see what info I can get to order a new one. Thanks. Even when I use the wand it will still blow water out of the tube.