Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

Cone Tips vs. Fan Tips Spraying Sealer...

Question

Ive been using my deckster for the last yr. when I want to throw stain around. Only ever used the cone tips. Any advantages or distinct broadcast/rate differences when using a fan tip? better for horizontals? Got curious today!

4 answers to this question

Matt,

We are in the same boat. Have always used a cone tip. My only question would be getting enough volume of stain out of a fan tip. We really like to flood wood with RS.

Maybe I can get Tom at ACR to rig something up and give it a try.

That unit does have a fan tip but like all parts for pumptec they are hard to get as most distributors may not stock them as they are an unlikely choice.

We use fan tips on our Titan sprayers which you can buy in different sizes including fan width. Not suggesting that you abandon your pumptec but I would inquire as to the fan tip availability.

Tom @ acr products is a distributor that carries more parts than anyone else I know of. Give him a call.

Rod!~

Dont you have a fan tip that you use for spraying chems? I have the one that sunbrite sells and use that for chems and staining fences. I use the cone even for the deck floor because it gives more control and applies more evenly. I wouldnt mind a fan tip with a smaller orfice. I think that would apply sealer more evenly and I would try that on the floors.