Sign in to follow this  
buc21jrs3

New to Residential Pressure Washing

Question

I am new to residential pressure washing. I am washing vinyl most of the time. I am using a cup of Simple Cherry, 2 gallons of Sod. Hyp. and 5 gallons of H2O. I notice that I have to use a brush a lot of the time on certain parts of the vinyl to clean it completely. Is there any way of avoiding a brush completely or is this required on certain jobs? Does the chemical mix need to be stronger?

Thanks,

James

Edited by buc21jrs3

10 answers to this question

James please fill in your signature, people will be more responsive if they know who you are, and where you are.

The problem may be your mix, you need sodium hypochlorite (chlorine or bleach) not sodium hydroxide.

If that was a typo and you are using sodium hypochlorite let us know what method and type of equipment you are using, then maybe we can help with the proportions.

You mentioned bleach. Are you using the household stuff which is 6% or sodium hypochlorite from pool supply or chem supply which is 12%. Big difference in the two. Also what are you still needing to scrub off... is it mold and mildew or other stains. If it is the mold and mildew then your chem ratio on the house is too weak

12% HP. It is black mold/mildew....darker around gutters(I have been reading that thread) and near the cracks where two pieces of vinyl come together on the house.

I think your mix is weak....Try this

3 gallons water 2 gallons %12 and Dawn or simple cherry....let it dwell about 10-15 minutes....

Take the orfice out of x jet when applying your detergent

Rinse with a low pressure rinse of 1000-1200 psi

I think your mix is weak....

Take the orfice out of x jet when applying your detergent

Rinse with a low pressure rinse of 1000-1200 psi

Thanks Gene. Did you mean to say "take the orfice out of X jet AFTER applying your detergent?" If not, I don't know what you mean. Thanks again

Gene is probably talking about the plastic colored porportioner. Back when I was using and xjet, I used the black colored porportioner. I also used 2.5-3 gallons of 12.5%SH. You may need to totally remove the plastic porportioner.

Since then I have started downstreaming and don't see any need to go back to xjetting except to apply acids. Downstreaming is a lot easier (no hoses to get tangled or buckets to lug around. With downstreaming, I do have to let the solution dwell a little longer and once in a while, hit a section twice, but it is so much easier.

I use the X-Jet M5, without a porportioner. I use a mix of 7 gallons of water, 2 gallons of 12.5% Sodium Hypochlorite, and 1 gallon of QWC AllBrite. (I have never tried simple cherry).

That dilutes the bleach to about 1.5% which works very well for me most of the time.

If however I need to use something stronger, I mix 1 gallon of QWC AllBrite, with 5 Gallons of water, and 4 gallons of 12.5% bleach. That dilutes the bleach to about 4.8% which obviously is a lot stronger.

Its nice seeing mold and mildew simply disappear :)