Sign in to follow this  
rick77

New here

Question

Hi all! I'm a window cleaner that sometimes gets requests for power washing of houses. I've cleaned a few in the past with a cheap machine and it was a hassle. I recently purchased a commercial grade machine and an M-5 X-Jet in hopes of making the job much easier, faster and more profitable.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'll be reading as much as I can here and probably asking a lot of questions.

I guess my first question is what is the most common chemical or cleaning solution that you guys use for house cleaning. Where are the best (cheapest) places to buy this cleaning solution?

Thanks!

Rick

13 answers to this question

Rick - welcome to the Grime Scene. May I make a suggestion regarding your question on what house wash to use? Research, research and research this site ~ dig into these forums ~ the answers are here!!

Welcome again my friend!!!!!

hey rick welcome to the board how long you lived in greenwood I know a guy there

as far as what to use cleaning a house I use house wash mixed with 12% bleech how much bleach depends on what type of siding it is call me anytime

hey rick welcome to the board how long you lived in greenwood I know a guy there

as far as what to use cleaning a house I use house wash mixed with 12% bleech how much bleach depends on what type of siding it is call me anytime

Mike, I've been here 45 years :) Who's the guy you know in Greenwood? By any chance did he recently move from Myrtle Beach to Greenwood? Initials M.R. who used to travel with the Stones and other heavy weight rock acts as an electrician/rigger? That's a long shot but just might be the same guy.

Edited by rick77

Welcome! I used to be a window cleaner till I started PWing a couple years ago. You will find an answer to all your Q's here on TGS.

Dane

Welcome! I used to be a window cleaner till I started PWing a couple years ago. You will find an answer to all your Q's here on TGS.

Dane

Dane, I actually enjoy window cleaning (I do 50/50 residential/commercial) but I have a good many requests from my residential customers for pressure washing. I'm not really planning on going into pressure washing exclusively. I just mainly want to keep my window cleaning customers happy. Also, why let that money go to someone else if I can do it myself? There seems to be a ton of pressure washer guys around here. I'll just do it for my customers who already keep me pretty busy with window cleaning.

Thanks! I plan to spend a lot of time reading all of the valuable info here on The Grime Scene.

Rick,

I'm just about 30~40 miles away from you in Anderson. Actually I just moved to Liberty a few months ago, but I still work in Anderson all the time. If you can get away why don't you come up sometime and I can show you some things I have done to make the m5-x jet easier to use and what cleaning solutions I use.

Len

LEN

Looks like it will be thurs when I get up to Anderson

is there much to see in town I need a place to get a beer after work

ill be washing six 30,000 gal oil tanks .Ill take your number and give you a call

Rick,

I'm just about 30~40 miles away from you in Anderson. Actually I just moved to Liberty a few months ago, but I still work in Anderson all the time. If you can get away why don't you come up sometime and I can show you some things I have done to make the m5-x jet easier to use and what cleaning solutions I use.

Len

Len, that would be super fantastic and so very kind of you. I thought I'd get some good help and info on this forum but I didn't dream it would be served on a silver platter. I'd love to come up when my work slows down a bit and check out your methods, tools, chemicals, etc.

Thank you so much for offering to help!

Rick

P.S. I'll PM you so we can hook up in the near future hopefully.

LEN

ill be washing six 30,000 gal oil tanks .Ill take your number and give you a call

I'm sure I can help find you a place to get a beer or six after work. My girlfriend is out of town so I might just join you after work myself.

I know where those tanks are.... Let me know if you run into any problems or need anything.

LEN

LOL it aint Fl. LOL

Edited by MudDuck