Sign in to follow this  
Apple Roof Cleaning

Shopper Just Called !

Question

ASsked me if I did Commercial Pressure Washing ?

I DON'T, but have several friends that do.

She asked me how much a sq ft.

Told her I needed to see it.

Asked her for address, she hung up.

Probably a shopper for a competitor ?

Now, she will go back and report Apple does commercial pressure washing, LOL

All I was trying to do was secure a possible job for one of my local friends.

Had to laugh at this one

6 answers to this question

Had guy call me once and ask about different things and how much I charge. Such as, "HIS" driveway, "HIS", deck, "HIS" camper, "HIS" house and he never called back!! I answered the same to all of it, " I really have to look at it before I give a cost " Seemed to me he was fishing for how much he could make doing this!! Amazing how you can feel this stuff out.

Jeff

I have had small contractors call me out to bid a PWing job only to find out they were just gonna do it themselves, they just needed to know what to charge. I can sniff these guys out a little better now and will usually give them an outrageous bid.

the ones that beat around the bush and be sneaky and i realize that they are just others trying to get in biz i usually throw them off. But had a couple that were honest right away and told me what they were doing and were trying to start a biz and need a general idea... those guys i helped. Told them average pricing that i do, tecvhniques and so on. Rather them be in the same price range as me and not screw up peoples homes... there is plenty of work out there.

One new competitor actually called me once, identified himself, and asked what he SHOULD charge for cleaning roofs.

THAT is the way to do it, IMHO.

Once, a competitor called me, and FORGOT to call block himself:lgbonk:

I "quoted" him REAL CHEAP, and then told him "Even less for CASH":lgbounces

I get those calls all of the time. I would help them if they would be honest with me. Most of the time they call and ask how much I charge on an average size house. It usually is their wife or girlfriend,I had a lady onetime tell me she needed a price for a house but her husband did not want her to tell me the address. I laughed and said good luck in your business venture its tough out here and hung up.lol