Sign in to follow this  
PressureX

Website input?

Question

37 answers to this question

Not bad Pat. However, I do have one suggestion..well, 2 actually. You need to make the titles of your pages more keyword rich. And, I would use a lightbox for your "Myth" page. You don't want to link people away from your site, they may never come back.

Edited by HotShot

It's a good start, but here a few things:

I'm not even looking at the aesthetics of the site because I know it is a work in progress.

some suggestions:

Make your title tags on each web page more search friendly. instead of having the title of your index page as the name of your company, put "pressure washing | (your city, state)" the idea is to rank high in the search engines.

When someone does a search for pressure washing services in your area they aren't going to likely type the name of your company in google, but rather "pressure washing in city, state"

Also, after looking in the source code, I noticed that you don't even have Meta description tags. These are very important for the search engines.

You do have the meta keyword tags, but the truth is, they are pretty much worthless to search engines these days because of past abuse. Google pretty much ignores them. I didn't even bother with them on my website.

Use an alt img tag for your logo on your homepage

Use Header tags for important key phrases

I don't see your service area written anywhere on the website. This is a big problem. You need to have your keywords, including your service areas sprinkled in all through you page content, but don't over do it.

Lastly, Google likes a lot of good quality content, so I would suggest spending a lot of time filling up pages with text, and as I stated before, be sure to sprinkle your keywords evenly through out the text and pages.

Ummmm.... ok. I look at code.

I see you used images rather than text on your pages... Pressure-X Power Washing - (843) 442-2722

This is HUGE NO NO. The search engines will not read that as text, they will index it as an image. You will not like what I am going to tell you , but redo it. No use having a page that the engines can index the text on. Sorry...back to the drawing board!

Beth

Wow Lance..what kinda funk was going on up under that overhang on yer first page??..great results!!

Yeah, That is still the dirtiest house I've ever cleaned to date. The house was buried back in the woods, and was absolutely covered from top to bottom with spider webs, cob webs, cocoons, nests, dirt, mold, and algae.

That window was one of the worst spots, but the rest of the house wasn't much better. The house actually cleaned up beautifully though, and considering how heavy the build up was, fairly easy as well. I love cleaning houses like that because when you done the customer thinks you have magic powers.

Ummmm.... ok. I look at code.

I see you used images rather than text on your pages... Pressure-X Power Washing - (843) 442-2722

This is HUGE NO NO. The search engines will not read that as text, they will index it as an image. You will not like what I am going to tell you , but redo it. No use having a page that the engines can index the text on. Sorry...back to the drawing board!

Beth

Wow! good catch Beth. I was to busy looking at the top of the source code to even notice that.

Shes right though. You have pretty much no readable content for the search engines to find. Search engines need text to crawl through, lots of it.

Thanks for the great input! I will sit down and actually write the text, I never knew that with meta tags etc. Either, so greatly appreciated. When I get back home I will write the about us in actual text and add more text to the webpage.

Thanks!!!!!

Thanks for the great input! I will sit down and actually write the text, I never knew that with meta tags etc. Either, so greatly appreciated. When I get back home I will write the about us in actual text and add more text to the webpage.

Thanks!!!!!

It's not just about the meta tags....you need title tags, you need the text in the body of the pages, etc.

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod
sp

I have done some adjustements as suggested, as in meta description, created an iframe for "myths", and also added the "r" to "you free estimate" :P

I also actually wrote in the text the "about us"

I cannot however find any grammatical errors in the about us, MMI, could you point me please?

Thank you all for the input, please keep them coming! :)

Can't as the 'about us' section is only pictures right now(one is poor resolution)..maybe your working on it?

All I can say is ya have to be able to read it out loud and it make sense to the listener. It did not read right.

Your "about us" page looks like a cross between a photo gallery and a coupon.

1. smaller photos, fewer of them on one page

2. TEXT TEXT TEXT - about us - talks about your company - where you? What are your business practices? Is there anything special about your company you need to tell them? WHY should they call YOU?

Go fix the residential text.

What's up with the commercial page?

Beth

He had a pretty good couple paragraph going on in the 'about us'. Hope he didn't loose it totally.

That residential is still an image isn't it?

You inspired me to go fix somethings on mine.. thanx!!..hell I don't even have an about page..lol.. I start to write one but it comes out with too much vanity :). I might just do a contact page and forget it.

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Hmm, it seems to work fine on my end .... ?

About the iframes, first I had it so it opened in a new window, then I took HotShots advice, and the only way to do something like that is with an iframe ...

I dont really know what text to add to that, since PWNC covers it all, lol.

ahhh crap, I see what your talking about, I didnt even know that. I fixed the About us. I dont know why its putting it as images, I will fix that and make it into actual text in the next couple hours probably.