Sign in to follow this  
rick77

Enclosed X-Jet Pail

I got me one of those 5 gallon enclosed pails that are made for the X-Jet. There's a cheap hose clamp on the end that goes over the hose barb on the pail but it (the clamp) was broken right out of the box.

There is no clamp on the end that goes over the hose barb on the X-Jet itself. This stands to reason 'cause you couldn't change proportioners if there was a clamp on the hose right at the X-Jet.

It seems like the chem feed hose could easily be pulled off of the X-Jet with the slightest tug and chems could spill all over the yard.

Do you guys use clamps at all on the X-Jet hose barb and on the enclosed pail hose barb?

Some say don't worry about using the proportioners. If you don't use the proportioners then a hose clamp could be used on the X-Jet end of the chem feed hose. Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks!

Richard Crocker

Ultra Clear Window Cleaning

Greenwood, SC

what i use is an old lid off of a paint bucket. it has 3" screw cap towards one edge that i could screw back on when done and it still has chems in the bucket. when you take the cap off it has a thick rubber seal that was meant to be able to pull out and pour thru the 3" hole but i left it on and drilled a hole just smaller than the hose and i pushed it thru. it is really snug air tight. I had to cut some slits on the other end to release some air from the bucket so it dont squish the bucket. the hose actually stays in pretty good. ive even lowered the bucket off a roof by the hose with half a bucket full of chem and it held. Also if the bucket tips only a few drops ever spill.

There is no clamp on the end that goes over the hose barb on the X-Jet itself. This stands to reason 'cause you couldn't change proportioners if there was a clamp on the hose right at the X-Jet.

It seems like the chem feed hose could easily be pulled off of the X-Jet with the slightest tug and chems could spill all over the yard.

Some say don't worry about using the proportioners. If you don't use the proportioners then a hose clamp could be used on the X-Jet end of the chem feed hose. Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks!

Richard Crocker

Ultra Clear Window Cleaning

Greenwood, SC

I have never had a problem with the hose coming off the barbed fitting on my X-jet. It usually fits so snug that I have to use some force to pull it off so a slight tug will not pull it off. However, the end of the hose will stretch and wear over time. When the hose starts to feel like it is not fitting as tight as it should I snip about an inch off the end of the hose so I have a fresh end to slip over the X-jet barb.

I have never had a problem with the hose coming off the barbed fitting on my X-jet. It usually fits so snug that I have to use some force to pull it off so a slight tug will not pull it off. However, the end of the hose will stretch and wear over time. When the hose starts to feel like it is not fitting as tight as it should I snip about an inch off the end of the hose so I have a fresh end to slip over the X-jet barb.

Thanks for the input PHD! I snipped a little from the end of the hose and it does fit snuggly over the X-Jet barb.

I have put a quality clamp on the pail end of the hose for now but I may take it off so the hose can be removed when screwing the cap on and off of the enclosed pail. Screwing the cap on/off with the hose attatched is a pain. May as well make things easier huh!

Dude, I have a chlorine 5 gal bucket, enclosed with a 4 in screw cap. I drilled a hole big enough to fit the x-jet hose. My big house wash rig is a dolly with a 15 gal jug stapped to it, I found a $15 hose reel(harbor freight) that I mounted to the top of the dolly and there's about 50 ft of low pressure hose attached to that. Works awesome.

Dude, I have a chlorine 5 gal bucket, enclosed with a 4 in screw cap. I drilled a hole big enough to fit the x-jet hose. My big house wash rig is a dolly with a 15 gal jug stapped to it, I found a $15 hose reel(harbor freight) that I mounted to the top of the dolly and there's about 50 ft of low pressure hose attached to that. Works awesome.

sounds like a good set up ...... got any pics of it?

Thanks for the input PHD! I snipped a little from the end of the hose and it does fit snuggly over the X-Jet barb.

I have put a quality clamp on the pail end of the hose for now but I may take it off so the hose can be removed when screwing the cap on and off of the enclosed pail. Screwing the cap on/off with the hose attatched is a pain. May as well make things easier huh!

Whenever it gets loose....snip some more. Or just use a clamp and keep the x jet with the bucket attached to the cord.

Whenever it gets loose....snip some more. Or just use a clamp and keep the x jet with the bucket attached to the cord.

Since I started this thread way back when I have switched to downstreaming and really never use the X-Jet. I keep it on hand for just in case but haven't needed it since probably Spring 2009. Still good advice though for those that use the X-Jet.