Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Why homeowners should not be allowed to buy pressure washers.

Question

The economy must make folks do really stupid things - like try to skip their professional maintenance WASH! Figured a little bleach water (turns out Outdoor Bleach 50/50) and 2300 psi would save a little $$$. Oops.

7 answers to this question

I used to use that outdoor bleach exclusively when I prepping homes for painting - it was good stuff - but pricey. I think one cup of that stuff per gallon and a squirt of palmolive is all you would really need for a maintenance wash. Some people.....

Celeste,

What is "outdoor bleach"?

I'm open for correction if somebody knows for a fact different but IMO "outdoor bleach" is nothing more than regular bleach with dish soap or the like added. And that regular bleach and Dawn is the same and much cheaper. It's just a marketing scam aimed at weekend warrior HO dad's. A successful one but still a scam for the HO's buck. I have never been able to find out what % of SH is in it, It's not on the label, just that the active ingredient is SH. duh...If it were anything "special" it would be on the label not the name. Note that it doesn't say that it's "stronger" it just says "Outdoor", hence the added surfactant to make it bubble and stick to whatever your spraying. It doe's really foam up and works great but too expensive for what it is.

The economy must make folks do really stupid things - like try to skip their professional maintenance WASH! Figured a little bleach water (turns out Outdoor Bleach 50/50) and 2300 psi would save a little $$$. Oops.

I take it you got the job then..haha I was out by the lake the other day and saw a guy blastin the heck outta his gray cedar fence with a turbo nozzle. Didnt bother stopping...lol

Here is one im working on that has the mark of the HOME DEPOT ZORO. It had a solid stain over it so it was done a while ago.