Sign in to follow this  
JustMe

Sodium Percarb

Question

Does anyone make their own Sodium Percarb wood cleaner that may have a good mix to use that they would not mind sharing, I use it for other stuff now but thought I would see if anyone else is mixing their own cleaner.

10 answers to this question

You can buy it in bulk and just add tsp and sodium met. until you get the right miix. bleach is easier . how much do use.? you can be the only judge of that and the costs.

3-4 oz per gal for general or double for heavy stuff. Do you think bleach cleans as well for wood, how heavy of a mix for the bleach? Never used bleach for wood, but I have for other cleaning. I have used Sodium percarb for vinyl and wood but never mixed with anything else but water, do you feel it works better mixed with other chems.

I don't know what the big deal is . Its more like knowing how to use bleach. A woodcare pro knoiws how to use every chemical. There dis-advantages and advantages.

I don't know what the big deal is . Its more like knowing how to use bleach. A woodcare pro knoiws how to use every chemical. There dis-advantages and advantages.

Hey James,

I've heard you're definitely one of the woodcare pro's. I would like to discuss the details of how to use bleach to wash a previously sealed deck for regular maintenance schedules. Could you either, A) post your method and measurements here on this thread, B) call me or e mail me with the information, or C) give me your number and the best time(s) to call you? I would GREATLY appreciate it, being that I have several customers that will fall into the maintenance category this year (my 2nd year doing decks).

P.S. The "Bleach Blanket Bingo" comment was a quote from you from another board a loooong time ago. It stuck with me as something funny that you said to the anti-bleach folks back then.

Thanks again!

I would like to know what the best practice are if a person needed to wash wood with bleach, any suggested ratios as to clean but not cause damage. I have nothing against bleach when applied right, used it plenty of times.. Go ahead and toss out your feelings, it would better be available than someone guessing and earning a horror story :)