Sign in to follow this  
PedroSD

Advice on new hot water pressure washer

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and want to get started in the restaurant hood cleaning business. My friend has been training me on the business. My budget is -$2500 and I want a 120 volt since I will be doing mainly restaurants and want to save on gas/diesel.

Here are my two choices, let me know if you know of anything better out there at this price range...

1. Mi-T-M HSE-1502-0M10(1500 PSI, 2.0 GPM, direct drive triplex piston pump with ceramic plungers and forged brass manifold as well as a complete system diagnostic board. $1839.00

Link: Mi-T-M HSE-1502-0M10 - HSE Series 1500 PSI Hot Water Electric Pressure Washer.

2. NorthStar electric wet steam & hot water pressure washer - 1700 PSI, 1.5 GPM, 120 volts. (Premium industrial triplex pump with brass manifold and ceramic plungers) $1899+360(shipping)=$2260.

link: NorthStar Electric Wet Steam & Hot Water Pressure Washer — 1700 PSI, 1.5 GPM, 120 Volt | Electric/Hot Water | Northern Tool + Equipment

Thank you for your advice...

Edited by PedroSD
Northstar was 1.5 GPM not 15 GPM

Thank you for your advice, it's a lot cheaper than what I had researched. How about a high quality hot water hose and a 50' hot water pressure hose? I may have to buy two of each just in case. Thank you for your help

With the lower flow machines the 1/4" hose is becoming popular due to its reduced weight. Cost is about the same as the 3/8" pressure hose and you can get it in non marking (Grey or blue) or standard black with pressure ratings up to 5800 psi and rated for hot water. This would be a good option for additional hose on a small unit like the TRX.

I started w/a 1,000 PSI electric. I replaced it with an 1800 PSI Honda powered Hot water PW. I thought I died and went to heaven, more cleaning power. Then I upgraded to a 3,000 PSI 5 gpm Delco. Then I started making money. A few months ago, I tried a small machine. 1400 psi, 2.3 gpm. I went back to the 3,000 psi/5 gpm. It gets the job done, faster and with less water than the small 110V PW. Current cost for a similar machine to my Delco, $4700.00. cost because the PW gets the job done, $priceless. I know a lot of hood cleaners like the small machine, but I like to make $100.00 an hour and go home to bed. I get really grouchy if I am up until 4:00

AM and only make $40-$45 per hour.

Thank you for all you advice Paul and Douglas, I think I may go ahead and purchase the MITM. I'm new to the industry and I'll probably get in real trouble if I start using 3000 psi indoors! Besides, I don't have the budget for something like that (may be after a start making some money). I was told that some restaurants put a limit on how HOT the water gets? That may be a problem with the TRX unit. I don't know if its true.