Sign in to follow this  
John T

Question about 4000psi PW

One of my cold water Powerwashers is rated at 4gpm@4000psi. I know if I use a larger tip at the end of my wand I can lower the PSI to 3000. This would make this PW compatible to my Powerwashing hoses that I use since most of them are rated at 3000psi.

So my question is this. When this Powerwasher is in bypass is the pressure in the powerwashing hose at 4000psi?? I'm thinking that it is and this could cause my hose to explode. If I'm correct should I just change my Unloader where the pressure goes down to ZERO in the Powerwashing hose when not squezzing the trigger??

Thanks in advance.

John,

I see two scenarios.

One, change the unloader to a flow type. This keeps the pressure out of the hose when the trigger is released. I don't like a flow unloader for doing decks, for example, because it slows me down. When having to start/stop the flow frequently, like when washing railings, time adds up waiting for the pressure to ramp up.

Two, check your pressure with a gauge and see if it is as high as rated. It may not be. Check with your hose supplier and see if the hose has enough margin in the rating to allow for the pressure your machine is pumping. For liability reasons they may tell you not to exceed the 3000psi, but it's worth a call.

Also, Make Sure The Hose Is Double Braded . Im Sure That It Is, But Just Throwing The Thought In This Post.

I Belive There Is Tripple Braded Hoses? That Has To Be A Heavey Sums Of *&^%#! To Pull Around Houses.