Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Silver Eagle Rig Issues

I was considering on buying another machine from Silver Eagle myself. The one I have was originally a 4040 series. I made it into a 5635 series now. I've had plenty of problems with my machine in the 3 years I've had it. The only things original are the ignitor and thermostat (I even bought another trailer for it).

I'm gonna buy another machine at the end of this year to put on my F-350 flatbed. I got quotes from Silver Eagle and Bob over at Pressure Tek. I'm 99.9% sure that I'll buy the machine from Bob and let the Silver Eagle sit just as a back up unit in case I need it.

I'd get my money back from Silver Eagle and I'm sure Bob could build you a nice rig for the $11,000 or even less than that.

Back in 2002 when I bought mine, it didn't come with a battery either. And I drove to Texas to pick it up. I met a driver 500 miles from their plant. When I got it home I put a new battery in it, put water in the tank and fired it up. I had to shut it down immediately though because it was spraying water everywhere. I forget exactly what the problem was but I don't think they ever tested the machine themselves.

I go through a pressure flow switch located on the unloader about once every 3 or 4 weeks. But I buy them from a electronics store for $1.95 each and they are the exact same microswitches that came with the machine.

I believe there was a delay in my machine also when I ordered it though. Sorry to hear that your rig came all messed up though. It just goes to show about their quality control isn't very good.

My wife had the brilliant idea of putting that machine on the back of my flatbed and selling the trailer. I told her that I would wait and put a brand new machine on the truck.

Vince Wood

562-331-0301

Industry, Ca

I have had a couple guys call me over the years and asked about that company as I live in Texas and I have heard nothing but bad things about them.

My next rig will be from Bob at PressureTek, the 8gpm cold water rig I got earlier this year for a unique job has worked out great! I am bidding on a job for a parking garage and if I get it, I will get the hot box that will connect easily to the 8gpm cold water rig then next year I will be ordering the 8gpm hot water skid for another big job.

For what you spent, you could have Bob build you a rig with a trailer and a Bandit and a good surface cleaner, depending on what you do and plan to do.

That is a good amount of money and I am sorry to hear about the lousy quality and what you are going through.

Give Bob a call and talk to him about it.

When it comes to attorneys, check around, there are a lot of bad ones, kind of like suppliers.

As I recall from the rigs I have bought in the last 4-5 years, standard practice is to not ship with a battery - or gas or diesel - or any flammable or corrosive chemical. On one, no battery was included (stated in sales lit) and the other came with a coupon that could be redeemed for a battery.

As far as all the other issues, for $11 grand, I would expect much more - and at least a coupon for the battery!

Sorry to hear about your rig....I have had 2 rigs, first one was in 1999 and second in 2004, both were 6g @4000, first one was 8000 and 2nd was around 9K.

mine has worked fine, very little maintenance.

but does not burn as hot as a diesel.