Sign in to follow this  
the_GUNN_man

Efc-38

One trick I employ is to weigh out 1 pound of product. Pour it into a plastic measuring cup. Then, draw a line around the level of the product with a permanent marker, like a Sharpie.

I can then scoop out the product in one pound increments, as long as I take a moment to fill the cup right up to the line I drew.

I keep a plastic cup/scoop in each pail of dry product, marked accordingly, so whoever is mixing the chems only has to know how many scoops to mix per gallon, or pail.

It's too cumbersome to drag around an expensive scale to every jobsite.

Wouldn't it be nice if Extreme solutions made available a scoop that is just the right size? Even Tide puts a little plastic scoop in each box of powdered detergent.

Here we go with the weight vs. volume thing, again. I had a formula last year and darned if I can remember what it was or where it is now!

I agree with Tony...E.S. should either put a scoop in the container or figure out what the volume needed is rather than the weight and tell people to use VOLUME measurements. We're not chemists and like Tony said about carrying around a scale...it's too cumbersome, not to mention ONE more expense that should not be needed.

Does ANYBODY know what volume of EFC is needed per gallon of water? Same for HD80...

Last year I bought a scale to weight HD-80 and Oxcilic acid. I carefully weighted 8 ounces of each as well as several other dry chemicals. To my surprise all the dry chemicals weighed ended up being 1 Cup. I returned the scale and now use a measuring cup.