Sign in to follow this  
JMSC

vacuboom vac motor went bad

I got to the jobsite today and hit the on button on the vacuboom, nothing. Anyways, I've got the motor out. Trying to test it. Nothing happening so far. Can I replace the motor with a different name brand?

Edited by JMSC

If the foam gets up into the motors they will wear out relatively quickly. use some defoamer on the ground to prevent that from happening.

I saw it foam out the top once but I have used it a few times since then without any foaming. Would it just now be going out?

As Chris and Paul pointed out, these motors don't like getting wet, and the switch is first suspect, but be aware, that upgrade switches are available for better reliability. The guys in the industry's service departments are doing more "bug-proofing" than ever before... Technical input is a critical asset, so "Buy local" whenever you can... He needs to like you when you're down at 4:30PM Friday.

They should also know, many new products have come into the market... Some have beefier pump-outs and better filter screens which help keep the moisture from doing damage to that vac motor.

Longer-term lower cost is really what you had in mind. Eh?

Also a friendly reminder...

Respect the GFCI.. The ground fault interrupter isn't present on all vacuums out there...

Wet-pick-up is a "new sport"... and it's profitable to see how good we can get at it.

Performance IS the point in wash water control, and profitability is about the "work-speed". If the local guy doesn't know all this, give him my number, or web address. www.pressurewasher.net 800-400-2532

Glad to help.

Edited by Jerry
contact info missing

Motor fixed by vacuum store, Luckily though after putting it all back together, I noticed the plumbing for the sump wasnt connected which would have stopped anything from being pumped out. Lesson learned about foam.