Sign in to follow this  
newlook

Wood Restoration and Cleaning Benefit(s) from the UAMCC

Question

What could the ***** offer your market (Wood Restoration) as a benefit that would be only applicable to you....meaning if the ***** were to give the wood washers across the U.S. a specific benefit that only would apply to you....what would that be?

Please list the top 3 if you can...Thanks all

9 answers to this question

Having 'preferred expert' status for the surrounding 100 miles would be nice.(unsure how to base such decision but surely shouldn't relate to how much money is paid in)

Wanna bet?...LOL,,,,You know those news paper things where they publish and give out those placks you see hanging on walls in restaurants and such that says... "Voted best in the upstate"...ya da ya da...ect..? I swear I've seen them in a large municipality approach a buddy of mine and another guy twice stating that if they "bought" at least 800 of there news papers "next week" they would guarantee him he would be "voted best" and get all the accolades that came with it. One did and got it and did so for three or four years and wrote it off as advertising. See what they do is concider "one paper one vote"...They didn't even have to clip out the voter slip and send it in. SCAM And the "guarantee" is because they wont approach your competitor to do the same if you agree to buy that many. The guy was so bold as to even explain it as I have to you,,,

Edited by MudDuck

Having 'preferred expert' status for the surrounding 100 miles would be nice.(unsure how to base such decission but surely shouldn't relate to how much money is paid in)

I have to agree.... not necessarily a certification. more of a designation recognition . ***** recognizes "Company ABC" as a contractor of distinction for Professional Wood Restoration. with a seal or emblem that one could use on proposals, websites and marketing material.

The same could be offered for "Carpet Cleaning", Residential Property Cleaning, Commercial Property Cleaning,

Have a simple application process for each area and criteria that experienced contractors should easily meet. Ie. 3 years in business, proficiency demonstrated through - verification of professional liability insurance, project photos and submission of a "project resume and a required equipment list" with perhaps a letter of reference from a customer.

It would be unrealistic to try to make it cheat proof for the members, doing so would create a bureaucratic bunch of red tape for the ones who deserve the designation and discourage them from applying. People who are dishonest will beat the system anyway.

I wouldn't recommend tying a price to the designation. Offer it as a benefit to the members.... It would eliminate the stereotype as "the best designation money can buy"

Just my .02 cents.

What could the ***** offer your market (Wood Restoration) as a benefit that would be only applicable to you....meaning if the ***** were to give the wood washers across the U.S. a specific benefit that only would apply to you....what would that be?

Please list the top 3 if you can...Thanks all

Sorry and I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers but I don't see a point in having another "hoop" to jump through or group to belong too to "make myself LOOK legitimate". Either you are or you are not. I just have a hard time giving / seeing credibility in "organizations". They all start out with good intentions but sooner or later turn into what I call "PROFESSIONAL non profit organizations". With dues or fee's which provides Mr. Non Profit "organizer" and his crone's with high paying part time side jobs. And all I get is another sticker for my truck and a verbish word to babble and BS the customer with.

Now I know Newlook you and the ***** are reputable entities but this all sounds to much like it's just another way to "solicit" more members rather than do anything for me. Again sorry for the jadded tone but thats how I honestly see it.

Sorry and I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers but I don't see a point in having another "hoop" to jump through or group to belong too to "make myself LOOK legitimate". Either you are or you are not. I just have a hard time giving / seeing credibility in "organizations". They all start out with good intentions but sooner or later turn into what I call "PROFESSIONAL non profit organizations". With dues or fee's which provides Mr. Non Profit "organizer" and his crone's with high paying part time side jobs. And all I get is another sticker for my truck and a verbish word to babble and BS the customer with.

Now I know Newlook you and the ***** are reputable entities but this all sounds to much like it's just another way to "solicit" more members rather than do anything for me. Again sorry for the jadded tone but thats how I honestly see it.

No feathers ruffled here and I appreciate your honesty on how you feel. Hopefully as the ***** continues to unfold people will see the what the ***** goals entail.

Mudduck...thanks for your comments!

'it's not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country' comes to mind for some unknown reason... I say unknown as I can't claim to have ever gained directly a bennefit from an org but yet I wonder what things would be like for the industry as a whole without past efforts of orgs or what it be like in future without.