Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Question for Russell Cissell

Russell,

My new 30 pound bucket of HD80 was left in the rain without the lid. Now it is a Rock. Can I dissolve the HD80 Rock in a 50 gallon drum of water and how many gallons do you estimate it would take to dissolve completely? What if I used Hot water and a drum mixer?

This is the very bucket that I drove to Union, MO to pick up. :growl:

Thanks for your help,

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Services

Kirchhoff Home Improvement Maintenance and Repair

114 Forest Hill Ave. Jefferson City, Mo 65109

Office 573-635-2708 Toll Free 1-866-635-2708

The proper mix rate for HD-80 is 1/2 lb per gallon of water. If you have 20 lbs in the pail you would use 40 gallons of water . You should not need to use hot water to dissolve it. Mixing HD-80 will cause a rise in the water temp. naturally.

You will have the best results by pulverizing the block of material as best you can. You want to break it into the smallest pieces you can before introducing it to the water. If you are patient and keep with it, you should be able to salvage what you've got there.

Once in solution you can cut it back with water if you don't need as much bite and you want to save a little money. This solution will be very stable and should keep for at least a month without settling out. Keep it covered and secure. Do not store in an area where children play unattended.

Best of Luck

Russell Cissell

Question,

can HD80 be used as a cleaner for other purposes, tile roofs, house wash, concrete etc...? or is it mainly good only for stripping wood

Question,

can HD80 be used as a cleaner for other purposes, tile roofs, house wash, concrete etc...? or is it mainly good only for stripping wood

I have been using it in my house wash mix to "kick it up a notch". It seems to help a little with the black streaks on the gutters but does not completely remove them.

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Services

Kirchhoff Home Improvement Maintenance and Repair

114 Forest Hill Ave. Jefferson City, Mo 65109

Office 573-635-2708 Toll Free 1-866-635-2708

HD-80 has also been used for concrete, gas station pads, and kitchen hoods, although it's not what it was developed for. I have heard it is a nice additive for gutter cleaning, however I would throw in a pound of caution since it will strip the paint off the gutter if you don't move FAST. See the gutter thread with Tony's post... I know I won't do it justice here. His results were great. :groovy:

Beth:groovy3: