Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Ladies I need your help.

Question

Ladies I need your help.

I saw some need for the ladies to either participate. Maybe we need some classes for the ladies.

Now I don’t want to seem chauvinistic so I need help. I know some women want to get down and dirty with the guys. LOL anyway you get what I really mean, please assist me in what we could involve the ladies in future events.

Personally my wife doesn’t want anything to do with PW. At my house PW stops around 6 and I’m not allowed to talk about it. She is never coming to a PW event, so with this I have forgotten that some may have different interest than my own wife. I get sort of jealous seeing some of the husband wife teams.

1. Maybe a best husband and wife team

2. An office oriented seminar for organizing the office.

3. QuickBooks certification.

4. Women only hose rolling contest.

5. Husbands enter a letter about the support there wives give them and we select the best wrote letter because we know the wife wrote it anyway.

As you see, I’m lost.

Some wives don’t even want the separations from male female thing. Yes I have women techs working for me. I even have a sister that PW. She would be in the hose rolling contest and Robert would not have stood a chance.

Ladies and Guys, Please give us some ideas. Ladies that have been to the events I know we could have done something a little different.

Next time I have and Idea for junior washers for sure. I saw about 20 kids.

16 answers to this question

I don't think I can offer much here - I see myself as a business owner and entrepreneur, and will participate in events and topics that appeal to me as an owner, but not specifically as a woman. I will never be one to participate in a segregated gender based event when I am supposed to be working on business. It's not me. Not saying others won't want to do it, just not my thing.

Beth

I don't think I can offer much here - I see myself as a business owner and entrepreneur, and will participate in events and topics that appeal to me as an owner, but not specifically as a woman. I will never be one to participate in a segregated gender based event when I am supposed to be working on business. It's not me. Not saying others won't want to do it, just not my thing.

Beth

I see what your saying and I realize your hands on to the business. I feel some of the wives help and actually dont labor.

I know some that do, but you have to admit its very different for a women or a man working.

Its not about the equal oportunity or can a women keep up. Women have plus to ad to a business that lets say Men generally lack.

I'm certain my wife is way more organized in her life than mine. She has a better temper than I do. I think men and women deal with different issues reguardless of how the particpate in the industry.

Maybe we could have a seminar that would inspire women to help there husbands and get them more involved.

I know alot of contractor that rely on women to do just about everything.

Now that i think about it I talk to more women than men hands down. Anytime i call a sub its the wife I'm talking with. They are the persons you mainly deal with.

Maybe we should focus in what a women can bring to the table.

Great thoughts Beth, enjoy your views all the time. Rods lucky to have someone willing to get dirty.

Thanks Ron,

I will work right along side the guys, but my best strengths are in business....although I do love working with wood. Wood care rocks!

Perhaps you should look at it as what new content overall can be offered? What are people's weaknesses? If you know what those are, you can find your content easily.

Beth

Oh please....

Ron - look at things that pertain to a day in the office like I shared with you on the phone....

Some ideas are Customer Service training, Human Resources training (there are laws we all need to know and to follow), Communications skills training....

Everyone could benefit from them, and the have a direct correlation to office work.

Beth

Oh please....

Ron - look at things that pertain to a day in the office like I shared with you on the phone....

Some ideas are Customer Service training, Human Resources training (there are laws we all need to know and to follow), Communications skills training....

Everyone could benefit from them, and the have a direct correlation to office work.

Beth

I think maybe a quickbooks training. I found that you can even get the people that certifi to do it for a reasonable price.

Quickbooks is a good topic also, but some of the others I mentioned also enrich personal skills that effect many aspects of your life. Just a suggestion. I'm sure there is room for more than one topic.... :)

Beth

Somebody on here offered Quickbooks training.

Who was it?

I think Celeste did recently. Also in the past PWNA has had it at conventions in the past. I get mailers on local trainings from them (QB) and others all the time. There is some really good stuff out there, some of it is very reasonable too.

Beth