Sign in to follow this  
allclean

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi i just started in the pressure washing industry and im trying to do commerical, Residential, as well as a little Auto detailing and fleet washing I started the first of august i live in utah and i am having the hardest time finding work i cold call and send out flyers and go around and hand out flyers i had an ok month in september october sucked really bad what am i doing wrong what do i need to do to get work any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Adam

All Kinds Of Clean Pressure Wash & Mobile Detail

adamduerden@yahoo.com

My experience has been that this is not an easy business to build. You can get in quickly for a minimum investment compared to other businesses but it is hard work to make a living at it. I will be heading into year 4 in 2009 and am still not at comfortable income levels.

With the economy the way it is now it will make things tougher for those trying to start up in my opinion. You have to be persistent and work your tail off to get things going.

Keep cold calling, send unsolicited bids, get a website going, try direct mailers, join a networking group, hand out cards anywhere you can, get a Yellow Book or other directory ad. Just keep at it.

Just keep at it. Get your company name out wherever you go. Get logod shirts and hats. Pass out biz cards to everybody around you. Signs for your truck. Professional flyers or brochures and pass them out. Advertise in every free advertising site you can. Get a website. Referral program, I will give anybody 20 cash if their referrall results in a paying job. Even if its somebody i am not servicing. My neighbor rents so doesnt want anything washed but he got me 9 paying jobs this year. Easy $180 for him. Easy $3200 in jobs for me.

For flatwork you really have top look the professional part. Must be in uniform and go and meet the managers and owners of the places you are targeting. Do a free demo of your cleaning.

All above suggestions are great. I have really good success with door hangers in slow times. Just keep after it. You have to let everybody in your target market know you are there, who you are, and what you do, this doesn't happen over night. Go to businesses and introduce yourself find out if they currently have someone servicing their store. Take your rig with you and offer free demos while you are there. Cold call set up a free demo. Yellow page ads, newspaper ads, community directory ads, chamber of commerce. Have uniforms, brochures, cards, flyers, website, professionally designed. Put your logo on everything thats who you you are. The more people see that logo the more likely they will be to call you when ready for your services. Offer discounts for referrals that book a job with you. And most of all when you do get those jobs do them at the highest quality and more work will follow, be the best at what you do. Read here and other boards and you will learn more than you ever thought possible about the pressure washing industry. There is wealth of great knowledge here that people who have been in the industry for many many years are willing to share to better the industry. I'm Just ranting now but hope this helps get the gears turning.

Hi i just started in the pressure washing industry and im trying to do commerical, Residential, as well as a little Auto detailing and fleet washing I started the first of august i live in utah and i am having the hardest time finding work i cold call and send out flyers and go around and hand out flyers i had an ok month in september october sucked really bad what am i doing wrong what do i need to do to get work any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Adam

All Kinds Of Clean Pressure Wash & Mobile Detail

adamduerden@yahoo.com

Try going around to local business and drop off a few flyers with a separate page to fill out name, license plate # and car make/model/color. Leave it with the receptionist sign in area for people to see.

Specify the day your company will be coming by to wash the cars on site.

This will help you to pick up on those who do not have time to go the the car wash themselves. After a rainy/snowy period usually gets the best response.

Rod!~