Sign in to follow this  
starter dave

Training Help

I have been studying these forums for a few months now, but i believe I need some formal training.

What do you guys think of the PWNA wood restoration course? Or the Delco wood & deck staining dvd? ( I already am wolman cert.)

Thanks, David

Wolman , Penofin , Thompsons , Sikkens .... certifications are a good start. But to be good in wood restoration you need more hands on experience with a good teacher and than months of hard work and many- hopefully small mistakes ... that's what you call experience.

Good luck

I have been studying these forums for a few months now, but i believe I need some formal training.

What do you guys think of the PWNA wood restoration course? Or the Delco wood & deck staining dvd? ( I already am wolman cert.)

Thanks, David

Edited by MichiganPowerWashing.com

Dave,

You are a bit far from Princeton, NJ, but are welcomed. We usually get started working late March or early April dependent on temperatures and weather. If you are going to the ACR roundtable this weekend, look me up. It is a very good start.

Otherwise email as in the signature line below.

Dave, school is half of what you need to get going right and experience is the other half. As one of the Instructors for the class, I strongly recommend that you consider both.

I can tell you that we spend close to two days teaching the science behind the products and techniques that you will use. The focus of the class is profitability - how to get the job done right in the least amount of time. Many of the most successful wood contractors started out with the PWNA Wood class years ago, and it has been revised and updated several times over the years.

You at the right place, TGS is the source for Wood. There are many choices in training facilitys. You have to search these and determine which one will suit best.

Pete M. from Sunbrite is a Wood Expert and his company has good products.

You have many choices when it comes to wood training.

I'm not certain but Beth used to work with the PWNA training and i believe helped develope some of there training.

If you decide to work commercial come see me.

The ACR meeting this weekend would have been a great start to meet some good people.

Dave,

You are a bit far from Princeton, NJ, but are welcomed. We usually get started working late March or early April dependent on temperatures and weather. If you are going to the ACR roundtable this weekend, look me up. It is a very good start.

Otherwise email as in the signature line below.

Thanks Rick,

I may very well take you up on your offer this spring.

Thank you, Dave

Dave, school is half of what you need to get going right and experience is the other half. As one of the Instructors for the class, I strongly recommend that you consider both.

I can tell you that we spend close to two days teaching the science behind the products and techniques that you will use. The focus of the class is profitability - how to get the job done right in the least amount of time. Many of the most successful wood contractors started out with the PWNA Wood class years ago, and it has been revised and updated several times over the years.

Pete,

I just received the class manual from sunbrite.

My plan is

1) Study the manual this winter so I can be up to speed for the class.

2) take the class in the spring in maryland.

3) find a pro to train one on one with.

4) restore my own deck before I try it on someone else

Thanks, Dave

Anyone in the northeast ( Pa, Maryland, Dc or Ny) willing to train a rookie this spring so I can get some real hands on from a pro (deck restoration)

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I have contractors come and work with me every spring to learn the trade. I have most variations of powerwashing equipment for you to check out from SunBrites Deckster to Recovery Equipment to surface cleaners to hot/cold washers. You are welcome to give me a call to set something up for the spring. 607-435-5539.

I am headed out for a Birthday dinner but will be home later this evening.

Check out my website at PRESSURE WASHIING SERVICES.

Matt

PS: If you like Baseball, plan on visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame - It is 7 miles from my shop.