Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

First Bobcat of the year

Question

14 answers to this question

That's cruel.

Daniel - I'm a cat lover too.

Beth

I completely agree, I see no reason to kill animals. Its bad enough they torture poor animals in the butcher shop just so you can have a burger.

What do you do with them? Do you eat them? (never heard of it, but you never know) and do you skin them and cure the pelts?

Beth

Well, since my multi-quote button isn't working for some reason, I'll respond to these seperately.

You can only eat them if you are a Chinaman. We skin them, flesh them and dry them. After they are dried we take them to the fur sale. Some of the prettiest ones I get tanned and keep myself. I love their fur.

Other than "sport", what the reason for killing bobcats?

Can you say $56K? I love hunting bobcats, they are a lot of fun a real challenge and test my physical stamina ( I have to chase them up hills a lot ) and my shooting skills. (best shot is 226 yards at night on homemade shooting sticks, their heads are about the size of your fist)

That wasn't all cats. There were a handful of coyotes and a handful of Grey Fox in there too to make it to $56K. The coyotes we sold averaged about $50 I think...I can't remember...somewhere between $30 and $50. Fox about the same. We had 96 cats all together though.