Sign in to follow this  
cleanhoods

bathroom stalls i made for mex res.

Question

Well i showed these pics on another site but no one liked the wood thing just pressure stuff so i will see if this site will enjoy.Heck i am proad of them.lol.

marko

22 answers to this question

here is some more.If you notice the first pic 1 door is raw and the other is sealed.

Marko

Edited by cleanhoods

Did you seal them with anything? Or is the wood bare? I would finish if you didn't. Cool job! We love wood care, and that is a unique job! Thanks for sharing it here. :) I'm going to add it to the wood care forum.

Beth

Thank you for trying.So i put the wood stuff here, ok.Yes i sealed it with Cabot natural.On one of the pics you can see a before and after.The wood sheets are doubled 3/4 outdoor panels.The posts are 4x4 treated.I sealed everything top bottom sides.The reason i made it so heavy this is a bar and they are ruff on things when drunk.I offered welding metal but the price got him so i recomended the wood and it really turned out nic.This was my first.Thank You again.

Marko

Just a note on the sealer,it was an oil based outdoor deck sealer stain deal.Seamed to work good bu tusing indoor must wear a resperator.

Marko

WOW, Beth, you should make a whole new forum section just for bathroom wood resto. I thought I remember a outhouse restored pics and thread on the TGS too. It might just be a niche for some companies.:)

Well its extra work. I enjoyed figuring this one out.Then i really like the end'I think it looks good and the money to be made on one was good chargedthem 3500.00 for all.

Marko

Very interesting sidework :) Actually, you probably should NOT have used an exterior product indoors - there are additives in exterior stains & sealers that aren't necessary and potentially hazardous for indoor use! Just something to think about if you get to do some more of these!

Celeste

Very interesting sidework :) Actually, you probably should NOT have used an exterior product indoors - there are additives in exterior stains & sealers that aren't necessary and potentially hazardous for indoor use! Just something to think about if you get to do some more of these!

Celeste

Thank you for the advice, but i think in the restaurant this product was what i need considering they mop,hose the room and customers miss the toilet,mens room you know.I wanted something that the customer could wash and it would help to protect from that.

Marko

I also put hardware that is rated at the wall 100lbs of pull an the floor at 800lbs of pull and all the carriage bolts are galv. 5/8 with nylon bolts.Over done so it can last.

Marko

WOW, Beth, you should make a whole new forum section just for bathroom wood resto. I thought I remember a outhouse restored pics and thread on the TGS too. It might just be a niche for some companies.:)

Yeah Mathew Johnson did an outhouse.....now that you mention it...:lol:

Beth

Strangest wood job we have done was a tree house. Not a playset, but a tree house way up in a tree.

Beth

That would be neat to do.

Marko

Celeste

Oh I see....:dunno:Thats why when I go to PP at the bar I'm always stumbling around and miss the toilet :headspin:....It's the vapors in the wood...Yea...thats it...:cheers: See I knew I wasn't that drunk.....

Oh I see....:dunno:Thats why when I go to PP at the bar I'm always stumbling around and miss the toilet :headspin:....It's the vapors in the wood...Yea...thats it...:cheers: See I knew I wasn't that drunk.....

Exactly! :)