Sign in to follow this  
All Surface

Just a Heads Up!

Question

All drivers licence bureaus across the US are having people come in and renue their drivers lic the next time theirs is going to expire. You'll get a post card in the mail saying you may need to have an eye exam and update your pic. They recently implimented a national drivers licence data base. If you have any outstanding parking tickets, warrants, speeding tickets, unpaid property taxes on homes or vehicles you are required to have them taken care of before they will issue you a new drivers licence. I went Wednesday to renue mine and was informed that I had 2 unpaid speeding tickets in RI. and unpaid property taxes on 2 vehicles in Massachusetts. All of these were from 1988-1990. After 2 hrs on the phone out in the regestry parking lot if found out I owed $1592.00

Real Nice! I was not a happy camper. This is a new system that they have now and it doesn't matter where you live or how long ago the violations were. Just thought I would give you guys the heads up on this...

7 answers to this question

Any proof to back this up? How about a link to a verifiable story.

How about my reciepts???

Give your local registry a call and ask them. I will see if I can dig anything up on it. So far all I have been able to find was a notice on the FL drivers lic web site that said as of October 1st you must come in to renue your drivers licence. Thats when they get you!

Well, although I do think you should pay your parket tickets, I DO NOT agree with this National Drivers License crap...Whatever happened to states rights?

States rights went out the door with the 17th amendment, yet another amendment Id like to see repealed.