Sign in to follow this  
ronleeguy

What did he use?

Last week a local guy that pressure washes homes in the area washed the neighbors house (vinyl siding) with some type of mixture that he sprayed on, then came back 10 minutes later and rinsed the area the he just treated and the mildue washed off like it was dust. I ask, but he wouldn't give a hint to what his cleaning solution or mixture was. All I can say for sure is it had a chlorine smell, but the chlorine wasn't what cleaned the surface, it was something that caused the mil due, etc. to just rinse off. Any ideas would be most appreciated? Thanks - Ron

Due to liability issues, I would never tell a customer exactly what, and at what %'s, is in my mix. What I use to wash house, and how I apply it , is proprietary. It defines who I -and my business - is. No freebies from me.

I assume you were impressed with his work, so I would suggest you hire him. I know that may seem like a smart a** answer, but at least you have proof as to the quality of his work.

Thanks guys, not at all interested in doing my own house or anyone else's for that matter, the same guy does do my house twice a year also. Just I happen to notice the reaction I mentioned when he was doing the neighbors house. I guess I could just ask to buy a spray bottle amount for doing the shower. I didn't mean to try to put you guys out of business. Good luck and thanks for your input...

Thanks guys, not at all interested in doing my own house or anyone else's for that matter, the same guy does do my house twice a year also. Just I happen to notice the reaction I mentioned when he was doing the neighbors house. I guess I could just ask to buy a spray bottle amount for doing the shower. I didn't mean to try to put you guys out of business. Good luck and thanks for your input...

Had I known that you were already a customer of his, my answer would have been different. I have, on more than one occasion, mixed-up a small amount for a customer's personal use. I'm sure your guy would be more than happy to oblige. Don't wait til next time, call him and ask if he'll do it and drop it off. Offer to add a couple of bucks to the bill next time. I always try to carry extra spray bottles in my van, but just in case, offer to give him (a clean) one to fill.

Keep in mind that the solution we use (and likely your contractor as well) has a very short shelf life. Within 24 hours it may be half as strong as the original solution and it will degrade further from there.

Also worth mentioning is that there are different types of scum and accumulations in a shower that require a complete different type of cleaner. Check into a prodiuct such as Tilex™ or some of the acid based cleaners.