Sign in to follow this  
ls1cameric

Removing spray paint?

Question

I am trying to remove black spray paint from the wood planks on my trailer. I bought it new just a few weeks ago but they halfass spray painted the wood for some reason and it looks like crap.

Yesterday I hammered it with a strong concentrate of F18 or F13 (which ever one is the stripper) and it only removed paint in the areas where it wasnt applied very heavily. The outter sides of the trailer are caked with it on there and even went back and applied a second coat and let it sit about 30 minutes instead of 20 minutes like the first time and still didnt pull much of it off.

How can i get this crap off my wood so i can stain it?

BTW, I was wearing shorts and caught some over spray from the chems on my leg and with in seconds my leg was burning like hell... I guess this stuff works pretty good. ;)

6 answers to this question

I would try potassium hydroxide. Taginator has it.

Same here....Why did you ever take the trailer with overspray that bad. I would have told them to get it off or keep it.

On a more positive note: As soon as you are rockin and rollin you won't even notice the paint anymore. You'll be too busy to even care. :lgkick:

Originally Posted by John Orr viewpost.gif

I would try potassium hydroxide. Taginator has it.

Don't waste your money on Taginator for wood surfaces. The stuff is awesome, but you can get better results with Sodium Hydroxide mixed strong. We do lots of graffiti removal from wood fences and such, and our basic deck stripping chems work the best. Also, sanding will work well too.