Sign in to follow this  

Ok - so there is a FAQ about the 3 different linkbacks on this site. Let's have some real discussion about this topic and some real world concrete examples of how to use each. This is important stuff to promote our web presence - let's all get a handle on this stuff.

In this same discussion I'll remind everyone that as you participate in threads, you should add TAGS which are keywords. TGS has a tag cloud, which is basically a composition of all the keywords used in the tags and how often. All this is good SEO and helps the threads get found. So, if you are linking, make the links count with the use of tags as well.

Beth

In this same discussion I'll remind everyone that as you participate in threads, you should add TAGS which are keywords. TGS has a tag cloud, which is basically a composition of all the keywords used in the tags and how often. All this is good SEO and helps the threads get found. So, if you are linking, make the links count with the use of tags as well.

Beth

I wasn't aware of that. Good to know.

So - what exactly is a tag 'cloud'? A tag defined by wikipedia is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an internet bookmark, digital image, or computer file). So by connecting keywords to a hyperlink in BB code we are creating 'tags'. So what exactly is a tag cloud? Is this something the search engines constructs around our websites based on folks hitting these hyperlinks - or do we need some sort of Internet provider that has some special code sitting on a webserver?

I've actulaay got posts that I made months ago on here that come up on all my local searches thu google , msn, and yahoo for Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing. Many of them come up ahead of my own website. The key words work real well when using this board. :dance:

I didn't understand this 3 weeks ago and I still don't today. There is sooooo much to know about all this internet stuff it's hard to learn it all and run a business.

When I make a post, my website and blog appear in my signature. Is this a linkback?

My blog contains a link to "The Grime Scene". Is this a linkback?

If not can someone please show me a linkback. TYIA