Sign in to follow this  
John T

HD-80 and Brightner Question

Question

9 answers to this question

It's stable, so it should be quite a while. If you don't use it all that day, don't worry. It will be fine. I think Rod usually uses all of his mixed solution within a few days, but I have heard you could mix a full tank of it and it would be fine.

It's the percarbs that have a shorter life.

many cleaners use a form of oxygen bleach similar to what oxy clean is made of. This compound is "reactionary" meaning that the cleaning effect that you get from it is only effective during the products reaction period.

After an hour or so the product simply looses it's effectiveness. Simply put, just think of them as being "fizzed out."

Speaking to HD-80 and Citralic, as Beth said they are both very stable formulas and will keep their effectiveness for long periods of time when stored in a sealed container. You can easily store either of those products for a month in solution.

Best of Luck!

Russell Cissell

What if you stored a mixed solution of HD-80 overnite in an opened 5 gal bucket? Same question for the Brightner.

The reason why I'm Asking these questions is because this week I stripped the largest deck that I do. It took me 20 hrs to complete the stripping and Brightening. After the first 10 hr day I had some premixed stripper and brightner left over. Aprox 3 gallons each. The next day I just dumped those 3 gallons and made a new batch to be on the safe side.

I wish I didn't forget my Digital camara when I was doing this job. The deck was aprox 80'x80' with some walls that looked just like the floor. There was also a pool house attached to this deck that was done to. To make matters even worse the back end of this deck was 2 stories high since the property sloped downwards.

A true Monster that was beautifully built by the Home owner and his sons.

However,

Three gallons is nothing in the grand scheme of things. 80x80 is HUGE! Good grief, what would someone need a 6400 s/f deck for?

You gotta get some pix of that behemoth!