Sign in to follow this  
alvaro

What to choose

Hello everybody,

Which do you guys think is the best option between these two PW machines?

Option one:

Comet pump, 960 l/h (4.2gpm), 210 bar (3087psi), 11hp, 3400rpm and weight 50 kilos

Or

Option two:

Comet pump, 960 l/h (4.2gpm), 200 bar (2940psi), 11hp, 1560rpm and weight 72 kilos (this machine is also $350 more expensive)

What hose length can I use in this kind of machine without losing pressure?

Chances are I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I will venture to say #2.

Keeping all "normal" variables relatively constant (power, flowrate, and pressure), they should be the same price. BUT, the revolutions on the motor on #2 is almost half that of the first, which suggests that it is most likely a belt drive. Everyone who has given an opinion on which is better says that belt drive is the way to go if you intend to use your machine for business.

If it's just for around the house stuff, go with #1.

As for pressure drop, I think the number I saw on here awhile back is approximately a 100 psi drop per 100 feet of hose (about 23 bar per 100 m). Choose your hose such that you won't drop below your desired end pressure.

Chances are I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I will venture to say #2.

Keeping all "normal" variables relatively constant (power, flowrate, and pressure), they should be the same price. BUT, the revolutions on the motor on #2 is almost half that of the first, which suggests that it is most likely a belt drive. Everyone who has given an opinion on which is better says that belt drive is the way to go if you intend to use your machine for business.

I actually know what you talking about (God bless this boards:) ). I though the 2º machine could be belt drive, but wasn’t sure cause the info I’ve got doesn’t mention. Thanks
Alvaro is it a cold water machine only or can it also heat water for you, and what kind of surfaces are you planning to clean?
For the moment it’s cold water. I’m planning to add a hot box in the near future (if I can get it from Delco) and do all the work I get. Right now I’m planning on using it mostly on fleets, residential, awnings and cars.