Sign in to follow this  
tcpmLLC

Reclaiming water from siding

Question

Hello everyone. Been researching and reading for a while but never Posted. Thanks in advance for any help. Can you guys give me some ideas of how you are reclaiming the water from washing siding and roofs, without the water getting on or killing the landscape? I have researched the machines and everything but what about the over spray and run off onto the plants, and grass?

Thanks Again

Lee

4 answers to this question

I personally don't know any one reclaiming from house and/or roof cleaning. As far as killing grass,... wetting down the areas of concern is sufficient. Use the proper cleaners and the proper amount and you shouldn't have any issues.

Jeff

I just keep reading to use chlorine or bleach, to clean houses and roofs. I have been reading up on some of the actual products for siding and roofs. From the forum I am getting that you spray your chlorine mixture on and rinse? Am I understanding this process or am I missing some things? I have a few houses of family members that said I could practice on their houses and looking into some of the training some of the companies are offering.

As said above Pre-wetting any vegetation is the key. Then if you are concerned come back and wet it again during the wash you will be fine. The result is what sits on the plant is diluted and washed off. I did a project over very expensive boxwood hedges for a number of days and it all went fine. Supper hot days means you rinse the plants more. Especially with an x-jet you can switch to clean water easily and wet the plants if you think it is needed. As you go along you will learn how much you have to do. Flowers and annuals are the most susceptible to the chemicals so pay the most attention there. It is worth a little extra clean water than replacing plants.

While there is chlorine in some form in many house wash mixes, it should be only a fraction of what is put up on siding. (1/3-1/4 gal per 5 gallon bucket.) At a ratio of 3:1 that means that your solution will be diluted 300% for use on siding.

Roofs are another animal and I will not engage in that discussion as we do not provide this service.

Rod!~