Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

three way high pressure ball valve?

I remember reading a while back on here that some fellas have connected two pressure washers together to increase the GPM. I dont remember if it said how they did it but I was thinking that if someone makes a three way high pressure ball valve than I can throw quick connects on it and run the hoses from each pressure washer to it and one to the gun. Has anyone done this without any problems? Both pressure washers are 5.5gpm at 3500psi so I should get about 10gpm at that same pressure. One washer has a flow type unloader while the other one is not. Will this cause problems and does anyone know who makes a 3 way high pressure ball valve?

I know they make a valve like that but do not know the name of the company. The one I have seen looks like the standard 7500 psi valve with the very box like shape. Problem is that it is not meant for 2 inputs and one output or vice versa. It is made to draw from one source or another and then output.

Check valves are an integral part of a dual machine set up. Not sure on the unloaders but seem to recall that they both need to be pressure type or require the use of larger tips to eliminate going into bypass with the flow unloader.

Alan is right on the unloaders, I tried to put machines together a time ago with mixed unloaders. When the man on the machine with the pressure unloader stopped spraying, the flow unloader machine would cycle, once fixed, it worked fine. I think delco sells a setup to hook two machines together

MJ

Edited by Mathew Johnson

You will need two trap style unloaders or you will have to install a check valve on the machine with the flow unloader(after the unloader). Once you link the machines you will also need a larger nozzle sized for the new flow and pressure you want to achieve.

As far a linking the machines a three way ball valve has a common inlet and two separate outlets so it would not work to link the machines. What you want to do is install a T where the two feed lines come into the T and one outlet goes to your hose. If you want valves on them you would be better suited to install single ball valves.