Sign in to follow this  
Aqua Pro

Help!

Question

Sorry Beth, I know this should be in the advertising section but there are no theads there and I really didn't want this to get overlooked.

I have a question that I can't seem to get answered by Google and it's driving me nuts...maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have an "Adwords" account set up with a campain through Google.

When I go to google.com and type in a known keyword..like "deck cleaning joliet", I would expect to see something that has to do with my ad....NOTHING!

How do I get my company info to show up in the map listings you see when you google a business in your area? I see all of my competitor's in an A-J type listing with little red balloon markers on the map showing where they are located. Some of them even have pictures.

I went ten pages deep and couldn't find one single ad for my company. I run all the diagnostic tools set up through Google and everything checks out....so what gives?

Please, I hope someone can tell me in layman terms how to get this going.

Thank you so much!

-Tom

5 answers to this question

If I think I know what your saying...thats different than adwords. you have to set up a google local business account. Sign into google go to google maps and and click on "Put your business on google maps".

if you want your addwords add to show on top you got to pay$$$$$.

hope this is what your looking for,

Dane

Edited by 4000psi

Tom, How long has the site been up. Were you ever able to search deck cleaning joliet & get anything. Did you build the website yourself. When I get answers to these ?'s I'll talk to the guy who did my site.

Lyle

Tom, How long has the site been up. Were you ever able to search deck cleaning joliet & get anything. Did you build the website yourself. When I get answers to these ?'s I'll talk to the guy who did my site.

Lyle

Site has been active for three years, It seems that at one time a search for "deck cleaning in joliet) DID yield results but NEVER as part of the Google maps section...ONLY with a generic link somewhere in a page or two. Yes, I did the site myself.

Thanks for the help..

and ps to Kory.. I have ran my adwords through google's optimizer and took all there suggestions to heart. I have like a 100 keywords already.

Sounds like 4000 psi may have provided the answer I need..I'll check into it and let the forum know if it worked...meanwhile, if anyone else can add to this thread...THANK YOU!