Sign in to follow this  
kmcliffo

Replacement Hose- Where do you get them?

Question

Hi-

Where does everyone get their replacement hoses from? We need one for a job this weekend and so we need it A) Fast but also B) Fairly priced. Any suggestions welcome.

thanks!

9 answers to this question

I have been using 200 ft. of ½ hydraulic hose for the past 2 years and they have held up very well. There are a lot more places in my area to buy and repair hydraulic hoses also. Only my PW Dealer would repair my PW hose before.

Good Luck

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Services

Kirchhoff Home Improvement Maintenance and Repair

114 Forest Hill Ave. Jefferson City, Mo 65109

Office 573-635-2708 Toll Free 1-866-635-2708

Check your yellow pages for hose marts, hydralic hoses and also under pressure washer suppliers.

Be sure you buy R-2, I depending on your needs either 50 ft with QC or 100 ft. with QC.

Prices vary from dealer to dealer.

Also check here with Beth as she can get you hose too.

Buy more then you need for back up. You never know when one will go on you.

Does the hydraulic hose come coupled or do you put the coupler on yourself? if so, how do you do that?

They come with threaded ends, strait or swivel, and are crimped on by the dealer. I just thread on my own couplers from there. I get it in 200 ft length which barely fits on my real. I used to use couplers between 100 ft sections but they do not roll up as well and take up to much room on the real.

If you happen to bust a hose from running over it to often it is very easy to have 2 more ends crimped on or just a splice.

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

Advanced Power Washing and Restoration Services

Kirchhoff Home Improvement Maintenance and Repair

114 Forest Hill Ave. Jefferson City, Mo 65109

Office 573-635-2708 Toll Free 1-866-635-2708

Looks like you're a little late to mail order one and expect to get it before this weekend. Of course you could pay for faster delivery, but it would cost as much as buying one locally. It may be in your best interest to buy one from a local supplier, and pay the price for the last minute planning. Then you could order spares to have on hand.

Do you have a Northern Tool locally? I have purchased their 3/8" 4kpsi hoses and found them to be good quality and reasonably priced.

Philip

I purchase our Gray (non-marking) 4000psi hose from Water Cannon.

They are quick on delivery (most likely not by this weekend).

They run about $1 per foot or less with fittings on both ends.

available 50ft, 100ft 200ft or special lengths.

www.1800333wash.com

(800) 333-9274

I noticed that Home Depot had 4000 psi Goodyear hose in the locked cage by the paint sprayer section.

Not sure of the cost, but it is decent hose that would pay for itself soon, as it will last. Check your local HD out and see if they carry it. May try Lowes as well.