Sign in to follow this  
Flaky

AR "Aqua-Stripper"

This is a great forum! Maybe I can finally get some help with this:

In 2002 I bought an Annovi Reverberi "Aqua Stripper" electric pressure washer (for $480), and used it on maybe 5 paint jobs over two years (cleaning and mildew removal with no chemicals). On a job in '04 I forgot to check the intake screen, and apparently some debris got into the pump and it stopped working. The dealer couldn't fix it. It's apparently hard to find repair instructions for AR products. In '05 I took it to a repair shop 50 miles away. They cleaned out the valves and changed the oil. It worked fine for 10 minutes, then stopped again. It's been sitting in my shed under some plastic since then. Just looked at it and it looks fine.

Two questions:

The mechanic at the local rental service says he might be able to fix it. He's the only mechanic in the area (Cape Cod, MA) willing to work on an electric pressure washer. Should I pay him to try, or is there something about electric machines, or AR's, that makes them impossible to fix?

I'd like to keep the machine if I can get it working again, but if not, would it be worth anything to anyone for parts?

Details:

Aqua Stripper HPE G 2.15

2.1 gpm

1300 psi, with dial-down, max 1500 psi

115 v

max 140 deg. F

2.1 kw

1-60 hz

photo: http://theoldehousepainter.com/fileserver/PW.jpg