Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Pressure washing leads from Bulgaria? Huh?

Ok, got this call that pretty much spiked my Weird-O-Meter today. This guy called, said he was in Iraq (NC phone number, but whatever) and that he knew this lady in Bulgaria (yes - the country) that has power washing leads and they want to subcontract work to people in the US. He was targeting MD. HUH???!?!?!

I asked him a simple question. I asked him, if he had ANY references in our area from any other companies who have worked with their company who can vouch for the validity of this ...system...and verify for me that they got leads, got work, made money AND got paid. His response was that he had none, mine was ...goodbye.

Is the moon full? No wait - that's April 9th.... :lol:

Beth

I got an email from some lady in romania or something wanting to contract me from landscape work. I guess she saw my old landscape website and thought I sounded stupid. Just moved that message right over to the trash...

This is part of a general scam targeted at American businesses.

I get emails from Russia, Romania, Argentina, South Africa. They claim to want to buy flyers or stickers from me....50,000 or 100,000 at a time.

They think American business people are so desparate for business that we will give them our banking information so they can "wire us funds" for the high volume of work that they will "buy".

I used to be polite and reply by saying that I was confident they could find a local printer that could better serve their needs. I even went so far as to locate a website that specializes in bulk printing by overseas printers and include that in the email.

Now I just ignore them.

Hey Beth,

I got the same call.. Just for kicks I decided to see what they had to say. I'll let you know what I find out. Maybe I'll get to have some fun or maybe I'll get to make some money. I doubt it will be the latter though!