Sign in to follow this  
rick77

High Pressure Hose

I'm ready to spring for a nice long length of high pressure hose so I can leave the machine on the truck while I power wash houses.

Ideally I'd like to have 300' so I'll have enough for any situation. I have 300' of hose for my window cleaning water fed pole and sometimes it takes just about all of it to reach around some of the larger homes I do.

What length of high pressure hose do you guys use?

Where's a good place to buy high pessure hose? I don't see the really long lengths offered at Sun Brite or Pressure Tek.

I'm in Greenwood, SC so if anybody knows of a place close by or even an online store with good prices please let me know.

I'm also going to buy a reel. I've got 2 Cox reels (the 1125 models) and really like them for my water fed pole window cleaning system. Are they good for power washing equipment too?

Thanks!

Here is brack down pressure hose for me. the reason why I have 50 footer is because easer to replace 50 footer in an emergacy then it is to get 100 or 300 foot pw hose.

100 feet

4 50 feet

Yeah Chris, After reading about hoses and reels on the power washing forums I see that many prefer a sequence of shorter hoses as opposed to one very long single hose. I think I'll buy two or three shorter hoses as opposed to a 250' or 300' hose.

Thanks for the input!

A good place I've found to get hoses is Dultimier Supply (Dultmeier Sales: Wholesale, B to B equipment, supplies, and parts for Carwash, Truck Wash, Mobile Cleaning, Agricultural, Lawn/Turf Care, Golf Course Maintenance, Liquid Deice/Anti-Ice, Liquid Chemical & Fuel Handling, Right-Of-Way Spraying, and Gene). They carry a bunch of pressure cleaning supplies, like the ball valves your looking for.

The Cox hose reels suck for pressure cleaning. I've had the best luck with Reelcraft Reels. They're built like a brick sh-t house and last forever.

As far as the hose goes....I get mine in 100 foot lengths. That way, if they blow, which is usually in the middle somewhere, I'll have at least a 50 footer left. Anything under 50 foot is usually a waste. Then at least I have some spares.

Keep in mind, you'll lose about 1 pound of pressure per foot of hose. So the more hose you got, the less pressure your going to get at the gun.

No problem tell this what I would do 2 100 footers and 2 50 footers do you have ball valve also get you one them also.

Is the ball valve for shutting off the water so you can change nozzles when downstreaming? If so, I'm using the X-jet. Would there still be a need for the ball valve?

A good place I've found to get hoses is Dultimier Supply (Dultmeier Sales: Wholesale, B to B equipment, supplies, and parts for Carwash, Truck Wash, Mobile Cleaning, Agricultural, Lawn/Turf Care, Golf Course Maintenance, Liquid Deice/Anti-Ice, Liquid Chemical & Fuel Handling, Right-Of-Way Spraying, and Gene). They carry a bunch of pressure cleaning supplies, like the ball valves your looking for.

The Cox hose reels suck for pressure cleaning. I've had the best luck with Reelcraft Reels. They're built like a brick sh-t house and last forever.

As far as the hose goes....I get mine in 100 foot lengths. That way, if they blow, which is usually in the middle somewhere, I'll have at least a 50 footer left. Anything under 50 foot is usually a waste. Then at least I have some spares.

Keep in mind, you'll lose about 1 pound of pressure per foot of hose. So the more hose you got, the less pressure your going to get at the gun.

Thanks for the info about Dultmeier Sales! I'll check them out. Also thanks for the heads up on the Reelcraft Reels.

I ordered two 100 foot hoses from Pressure Tek last night. I got the Goodyear Grey Neptune 1 wire 4000 PSI hose. My machine is 3000 PSI so I guess I will be getting 2800 PSI with the full 200' length of hose. I hope that will be enough to push my X-jet.

I use the ball valve when going from surface cleaner to using the wand makes so I donnot have to shut off my pw every time need to change wand or to surface cleaner.

I don't have a surface cleaner as of yet and use the X-jet exclusively so for now I guess there's no need for the ball valve.

I did order a hose swivel to help stop the twisting of my hose. That along with an extra 200' of high pressure hose is going to make my pressure washing days a lot easier. I ordered from Bob @ Pressure Tek. A really nice guy!

Thanks guys for all of your helpful advice and info!

ALLAMERICAN -

You need to go to your MY CONTROLS and add a signature please. Thank you.

Beth

We carry lengths up to 300'... However I agree with Chris, try to stay in the 50 and 100 foot lengths. Your price per foot will be a lot less and if it ever blows a 50' length is a lot less expensive. Usually you will only have the end section that wears too.

The advantage of the ball valve is that it allows you to shut off flow and remove sections of hose or switch accessories without having to go back and shut off the machine.