Sign in to follow this  
chris francis

has anyone try adding downstream injector to dedicated pump

Started a thread on downstreaming the soap for roof mix over on RCIA. Will be working on ideas and real world results will be posted if I can ever get out of Winter here in Pa.

Jeff

Are you talking about pressure washer or dedicated pump like shurflo. I am talking about shurflo pump there has to be better way then mixing up the was ahead time put alot weare tear on your pump from bleach.

I'm not sure I am following you, Chris. I would think there would not be enough velocity of flow with a shurflo to create the venturi to draw chemical but I could be way off base. Dan T (plainpainter) is a physics and mechanics guy. PM him, he would know.

When you here people talking about roof cleaning, pressure washers are not the "pump" they are referring to. Dedicated pumps are the only way to clean a roof. So yes, I was talking about dedicated pump, just like your question stated.

Jeff

I'm not sure I am following you, Chris. I would think there would not be enough velocity of flow with a shurflo to create the venturi to draw chemical but I could be way off base. Dan T (plainpainter) is a physics and mechanics guy. PM him, he would know.

I think you're right about the Shurflo, but I want to rig a homemade check valve downstreamer into an air diaphragm pump. I think it may offer enough flow to draw. Just haven't really worked on it yet. I found a homemade one online that is used for some sort of water gun. Was made from 3/4 in. PVC and a rubber tire valve. Was interesting.

Jeff

I was TOLD that lower GPM pressure washers have higher draw rates then high GPM ones do with an X Jet.

Jeff LeCours told me this :)

He actually told me he INTENTIONALLY bought a cheapo LOW Gpm machine JUST for an X Jet.