Sign in to follow this  
squeegeeboy

advice on purchasing a hot water machine

Question

i do mainly residential work with some sidewalk and driveway cleaning. i recently steped foot into the commercial sector and was considering purchasing a hot water machine. problem is i can only see using this machine no more then 3 months out of the year and not everyday. i have been seaching around and all the machines i have seen vary in price from $5800 to $3000 and then there is the option of the hot box for around that same price range. can anyone with hot water machine expierence give me some insight on my situation.

i am looking for something that will get the job done for what i need it for .... flat work.... and i am trying to keep my budget under $4500.00 does anyone out there have any options or advice for me.

5 answers to this question

Ebay or Craigslist. There are tons of high quality low hour machines out there right now.

Also try any equipment rental company. Withthe construction downturn there are lots and lots of machines out there they are dumping for next to nothing. I bought a Mi-T-M 3500 series hot pressure washer with a brand new cat pump and unloader for $1,100

Edited by Alexy

Yup, I agree with Alexy; go used! No use in spending a ton of money on something that is going to get so little use. With contractors folding left and right you can find some good deals on ebay and craigslist. I would look for something in the 5.5 gpm @ 3000 psi range for commercial work.

If you go used, call some of the distributors. Many do resell used equipment, and since they service them you stand a better chance of getting a machine in good working order. Hope this helps.

Beth

Hey Steve how are you?

You should call CPW equipment in Chambersburg, they have a good supply of new and used washers in stock. They use to be in the washing field and now doing sales and service, and he is very expeirenced and knowledgable of what your looking for. 717-765-9478 Jonny or Loren.

Hey I'm going to be on the road the first thing in the morning, I may give you shout on that other deal. That ok??

i do mainly residential work with some sidewalk and driveway cleaning. i recently steped foot into the commercial sector and was considering purchasing a hot water machine. problem is i can only see using this machine no more then 3 months out of the year and not everyday. i have been seaching around and all the machines i have seen vary in price from $5800 to $3000 and then there is the option of the hot box for around that same price range. can anyone with hot water machine expierence give me some insight on my situation.

i am looking for something that will get the job done for what i need it for .... flat work.... and i am trying to keep my budget under $4500.00 does anyone out there have any options or advice for me.

Delco, they have sent out some flyers on equipment sales they are having.

They are the banner at the top of each page. Click on it to find out how to contact them for more information..

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod
further explanation