Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

The year of callbacks...

Question

14 answers to this question

Dude, Xjet. It has low pressure high volume. The only time I have left a house with residue was from soap. How much gpm/psi are you using? We just bought a new pump from Bob. It is about 7gpm, and goes up to bout 250psi. it is cool. Your soap isnt strong enough or you arent leaving it on long enough, or it might be soap residue and its not getting rinsed good.

Dan, my callback percentage has remained constant over the years. A couple years ago I thought that I was getting an inordinate amount of callbacks. Then when i averaged my numbers, the percentages were the same. My volume had increased dramatically and of course all the numbers rise with it.

This is the nature of residential work.

Dude, Xjet. It has low pressure high volume. The only time I have left a house with residue was from soap. How much gpm/psi are you using? We just bought a new pump from Bob. It is about 7gpm, and goes up to bout 250psi. it is cool. Your soap isnt strong enough or you arent leaving it on long enough, or it might be soap residue and its not getting rinsed good.

I downstream - I didn't leave residue - just an inordinate amount of oxidation from old weathered vinyl. The soap I use is Bob's soap - my mixture is too strong as it is. I rinse endlessly - I downstream soap a minimum of twice per side, sometimes 3-4 times in really bad algaed areas

Dan, those are the nail heads behind the siding. Over the years the combination of heat, poor workmanship, and the siding resting on the nail heads causes the Dreaded white poke a dot house syndrome or House Measles . It will go away in 3 to 6 months as the oxidation will cover it over

Only thing I see is a few darker runs that appear to have come from the weap holes in the siding which can come from spraying upwards on the siding.

Doesn't look like you removed all the residue from the mold. Lets do it one more time ! But that is from a photo point of view . Dan can you wipe it off or is it a stain in the siding?

Maybe my computer screen is dirty ? Dan, are the white spots evenly spaced and consistent ?

LOL - goes to show how some folks inspect their home with a magnifying glass! Apparently there is a white residue - and its patterned exactly after the algae - here is a macro shot of it. It's thick and crusty - my best bet it's the actual oxidation that didn't get exposed to chems evenly - as the algae was 'shielding' it. You can even see snail trails in the lower left hand corner. I must have 'hit' this area at least 3X and let it dwell while I went and washed another side. I am starting to rethink dark colored neglected vinyl homes.

post-1720-137772245179_thumb.jpg

Here is my line:

I use a pressure washing wand, not a magic wand. I cannot magically restore years of neglect just by cleaning it.

Don't sweat it, Dan. You did everything you could. For the record, blue vinyl sided homes are always a PITA.

Here is my line:

I use a pressure washing wand, not a magic wand. I cannot magically restore years of neglect just by cleaning it.

Don't sweat it, Dan. You did everything you could. For the record, blue vinyl sided homes are always a PITA.

This is my second one and they both sucked. That's why from now on there is a 50% increase from my normal rates - what should have been a 2 hour job from pull-in to pull-out with my pididdly equipment - turned out much longer.

Missed sections? Are you kidding me? I blanketed this house twice over in the good spots - let alone the bad. Even above the front entrance which looked all goofy up top - still looked goofy after coming back and brushing it out.