Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

Quick vent on hp ball valves

I am tired of spending good money on what is suppose to be good quality ball valves when the handles break off of all of them! Using visegrips gets old. Argh!

I bought one ofem from bob and the damn thing leaked hot water all over my right leg and i got PO'ed took the damn thing and thew it across the parking lot. that was supposed to be the best one for the money. it was leaking from the top where the valve was. has anyone else had this problem?

The only problem I have had with those is that they wear out and fail usually in the closed position. Twice I have closed the ball valve, changed to a different tool and then the valve would not open. Now I am stuck with 3,000 PSI in the line and no way to relieve the pressure. Both times I VERY slowly loosened the pressure line from the hose reel. As soon as it started to leak I would stop and let the pressure drop. I kept repeating this until the pressure was gone. Fortunately on both occassions I was running cold water. Is there any other way to relieve pressure when that happens?

I have used the other valves with the long cast handles but drop it once or twice and the handle breaks and then you are using vise grips like Jim said.