Sign in to follow this  
clean streak

brick paver help?

Question

I got a call from another contractor who installs fence, when they were setting the posts they use ready mix in the back and then add water, some of the powder got on the ep henry pavers and they never swept it up when it rained it turned hard on the pavers. there are alot of little of little ones that look like splashes an a few larger spots. they want me to try to clean it tommorrow any suggestions thanks

3 answers to this question

try a small test patch using muratic acid at about 10:1 (water:acid)

it will fizz and eat away at the spots, but keep some water at hand to rinse when its ready...especially if it gets on just the pavers. Use a stiff bristle brush to aggitate the spots where it is stubborn.

Reapply as the situation necessitates. Rinse well when done.

Hope it helps,

Rod~

X-terior sells a solution called X-Crete that (from their description) would be ideal for this. Too bad you aren't in GA, I'd tell you to swing by this weekend and pick some up. I ordered a 5 gal bucket earlier this year and have most of it left. I tried it to get some brick mortar off an exterior door....it didn't work. I think the mortar was too thick and the chemical is made mostly for the powder from the concrete that has gotten wet and hardened.

http://www.xterior.com/html/chemicals_2.html

X-Crete is at the top of the page.

Ryan H.