Sign in to follow this  
reed

Reed's Monster Deck Care

Question

This deck is over hung by trees with very little air movement. I had a little 1/2 strengthHD80 left in my pump up, used it until I switched to EFC38. Deck floor 1069 sf, and total wood sf 2052.38. total price to redo after sf discount, $2929.95. 7.5 hours yesterday and am only half finished with cleaning and brightening.

14 answers to this question

Reed I always get confused on your pricing. Is this a strip job or just a clean an oil. I thought you were like a 1.48 a sqft for stripping or did you go way up on pricing ? And how come your only half done. You should be able to bink that job out in a day if your not stripping ?

I am going to use RS Light Brown. This time I let the customer pick the color. Choices were WoodTux or ReadySeal.

Total time to clean with EFC38 and Brighten with oxallic was 15 hours. 200+ spindles takes some time to do. Also, my prices did go up for this one. The deck is 70 miles from home. When you are working by yourself and you sprayer is waiting for a refit, pump ups and such takes some time to do. Plus the damn weather here has been crazy. Still have to defurr a little and sand the handrails.

Reed