Sign in to follow this  
decker

solid stain clean for stucco and asphalt

Question

Made a stupid mistake (see, accident) and got some solid decking stain on asphalt and stucco. The asphalt i attempted to clean with mineral spirits followed by hosing it down and the stucco i put mineral spirits on a rag to get it out, but didn't really work. Those were the only things I had for cleaning with me.

I am gonna guess the stain isn't coming out of the stucco, but I am hoping somebody can tell me otherwise!

7 answers to this question

Stucco is capillary so it tends to suck up whatever hits it. I'm not familar with the product you used (other than trying to strip it, which is a nightmare). Your next plan of attack may be to dry brush some paint on there. I' not a painter so that may not be the right word. Take a piece of the stucco to a paint shop and have them match the color. Water down the paint and using a dry paint brush get a little on the tip and work it in over the stain. A little at a time and working the area to blend it. It takes some time but with good technique you can almost completely cover it.

dodged a bullet on this one...went back again today, doesnt look sooo bad. the homeowner asked me where the stain was! I still think its noticeable but they put the BBQ in front of it so...phew

First time using that stain (I know wrong forum) I found it to be too thick and dam $$$$.

Anyways, the only thing left is the asphalt...would a bleach mix and powerwash do the trick?