Sign in to follow this  
4running

Steam Combination Valve

Hi guys!

Say, I have noticed that many low PSI (1200and below) electric machines from Mi-T-m and Landa have an option for a "steam combination valve". I installed a gate type valve on my 2700psi 3 gpm to get my self down to around 700PSI and I could raise the temperature to just below 200F which made a HUGE cleaning difference on some of my machinery (ATVs etc).

I want to know if because I have a higher output machine as compared to some of these others that come with this valve from the factory am I putting to much pressure on my coil and pump by restricting it with a valve? in other words is taking 2700 PSI down to 700 hard on the machine, but taking 1000psi on a 110v machine down to 500 like on the Mi-T-M no big deal.

I am using just a gate valve from Ace, and I blew the seal out of it, due to pressure. Does anyone know what these manufactures are using as a "steam combination valve"? This strikes me as a bit risky, so I want to continue with caution and some education.

I am not sure of all the ways to do it, but when I installed a steam valve on my machine, I used a general Pump metering valve that is rated for 4000 psi. I eventually switched that to a 3/8" standard high pressure ball valve. The switch was just because, not due to any problems with the GP valve.

It is installed on the other high pressure output of the pump, opposite the unloader. When open, it diverts flow back to the tank and can be considered a "dual lance" on the pump. This does not harm the machine in any way and does not cause any excess pressure anywhere in the system.

The pump is doing what it normally does, and the water going through the coil is less than normal so the water gets hotter which does no harm as long as you factor in the temperature setting.

Does that help?

Hey Russ from Southside Equipment-

I just hung up with you. Can you hook me up with a valve like the GP above to add to my order? I might need some support, but is 888-243-6506 still good? I think I may need a hose with a compression fitting to make this work. Will Call on the 16th.