Sign in to follow this  
TalcottPressureWashing

HELP!! unloader problem

Help guys and gals I have a general ts2021 pump with a k7(least that's what it looks like) IT has just recently started surging for lack of a better term,

Its really bad with my turbo nozzle but it also does it with all my other nozzles just not as bad. I've tried cleaning the unloader as I've read that sometimes they can get trash in them (what I could get apart anyway)

I tried crimping the hose coming off of the unloader down some as i had read that could be a temp fix but no luck

When it's surging I can watch the piston on the bottom of the unloader going in and out and my pressure gauge goes from about 3000 psi to 0 and then back up , I also tried messing with the pressure settings to see if that could have any effect with no luck.

Any advice would be great I have a driveway job coming up tomorrow and don't want to miss the job . I relize i could run direct off of the pump buut not crazy about that idea

Check for any leaks in the outlet line.

Check for any leaks on the inlet -try pressure feeding pump with garden hose. Any air leaks should be exposed then.

Check for debris in the unloader.

Use a 1/4 bypass line.

Have you adjusted the unloader? The bolt on the top of the unloader will adjust pressure/volume. If adjusted incorrectly, it can cause surging - runs for a few seconds, on and off, no constant stream. If the nozzle is too small, it will also cause this.

Check for any leaks in the outlet line.

Check for any leaks on the inlet -try pressure feeding pump with garden hose. Any air leaks should be exposed then.

Check for debris in the unloader.

Use a 1/4 bypass line.

Thanks for the reply's guys... I took the unloader apart again and on the spring side found a fairly small piece of plastic not sure if this could have caused this problem or not, put everything back together and it seems to be working now.

I do have a question though. My pressure gauge is showing about 3400 psi at the unloader with my turbo nozzle... is that 2 high ? what should i be aiming for I don't want to damage anything.

With the nozzle that I'm using now I have to have the bolt ALL the way DOWN on the unloader is that right? I haven't really been able to find a clear cut guide on how it should be set up/

Thanks for your help Lyn